best way to program all on, all off buttons

jgorm

The all out off and the all off lights never turn off, even when I push the on button. .

It sounds to me as if you have a lot of things going on here, including some of these newer keypads that apparently don't stay on or don't turn off when in non-toggle mode. If you want one keypad button to turn off in response to another button being turned on, the one button has to be a responder in a scene with the other button, having the ON levels set to zero. Are you familiar with how to set this up?

When I push all out on, the outside lights turn on, but the keypad does not light up other than the 2 blinks.

The only way that I know for this to happen, other than having one of these "updated" keypads that don't stay on is by a program, but I understand that you have no such programs, so I can only conclude you have one of these types of keypads about which everyone has been talking.

The all out off stays lit.

Have you included the ALL OUT OFF button in the scene with the ALL OUT ON button as controller, with an ON level of zero? Have you taken some other programming action to turn the ALL OUT OFF turns off in response to a command from the ALL OUT ON button?

When I push all in on, the lights turn on, the keypad for all in on stays unlit, but the all on button lights up. When I push all in off, the all in off stays lit, and the all on button stays lit even though all the lights are off. When I push the all on, the button blinks as normal, then goes off. If I push all off while the all on button is lit, it will turn off, even if I have already turned all the lights off with the all out and all in off buttons

My questions continue to be along the same lines.

Keypadlincs don't automatically turn off (or on) one keypad button in response to commands from another. These features have to be programmed (using either ISY scenes or programs) by the user. I remain unclear what method you have used for this and am having trouble offering specific advice on how to fix it.

My recommendation is to focus on one set of related buttons and getting this working (or determining that your keypadlinc does not work for your application). For example, consider the all-out-on/all-out-off pair. Specify what you want to happen when you press each button, including what lights turn on or off, and what other buttons turn on or off. From there, I suspect the smart folks around here can offer a solution, or troubleshooting method.

Archived