Motion Sensor ON, Manually Switchlinc ON

Rapidway

Well I went through it all and I noticed that the Manual.Lights value was stuck on #1 so I changed it and it start functioning properly. I turned on both switches and the motion wouldn't effect it. Then when they were off the MS detected motion it would turn the lights on for the 30 secs. I then tried to turn on just one of the light switches and it did act up. I turn them on and it would go off and the motion would turn the lights back off when they were on. I think maybe that value is back to #1 again. I'll mess around with it again tomorrow. I'm thinking it has something to do with the two switches when I don't turn them both on at the same time. I would like to just be able to turn on the yard lights, leave the Driveway lights off when someone is backing out of the driveway at night. I also like the idea on tracking the motion triggers at any time too. Thanks again for your help and this program is looking pretty good so far.

did you ever put those additional parentheses in? I am not sure that this would cause any real problem, but it is at least worth trying.

I will look over your program again to see if I can catch anything. Perhaps I did not get the logic correct to start. Worse case, create two programs:

if

control yard light is switched on

or control driveway light is switch on

then

set integervariable to 1

else

if

control yard light is sitched off

or control drivewaylight is switched off

then

set integervariable to 0

else

Yes they are in. I do see that when I press each switch or both the integer value is changing to #1 I changed the time and will check it out today. Thanks

If

(

Control 'Front Yard Lawn' is switched On

Or Control 'Front Yard Driveway' is switched On

)

And (

Control 'Front Yard Lawn' is not switched Off

Or Control 'Front Yard Driveway' is not switched Off

)

Then

$Manual.Lights = 1

Else

$Manual.Lights = 0

========================

If

From 6:00:00AM

To 2:00:00PM (next day)

And $Manual.Lights is 0

And Control 'MS-Front Yard-Sensor' is switched On

Then

Run Program 'FrontLightsManual' (Then Path)

Else

Set 'Front Yard Lawn' Off

Set 'Front Yard Driveway' Off

I broke the FrontLightsManual into two programs like you listed and called them FrontLightsManual 1 (switch on) and FrontLightsManual 2 (switched off) and disabled the FrontLightsManual program. So my folder now has 4 programs enabled.

FrontLightsInterger

FrontLightsManual 1

FrontLightsManual 2

FrontLightsManual (DISABLED)

How should the FrontLightsInterger call out these two programs now...? (Then

Run Program 'FrontLightsManual' (Then Path))

===================

If

From 6:00:00AM

To 2:00:00PM (next day)

And $Manual.Lights is 0

And Control 'MS-Front Yard-Sensor' is switched On

Then

Else

I don't believe that this will have any impact on how you should call out frontlightsmanual. Disabling the program will simply stop it from being triggered by its own conditions. When called by another program, it will continue to execute normally.

I'm just not sure... Now the MS will not trigger the lights....? They only trigger went I click and toggle the set button on the MS to on then off

State...

Sensor (ON)

Battery (OFF)

Dusk-to-Dawn (OFF)

Options...

Sensing Mode:

As Motion is sensed (CHECKED)

On only Mode:

On command only (UNCHECKED)

Night mode:

At night only (UNCHECKED)

Let me work on this.

Glad it is working. After continuing to ponder your problem, I have become concerned that I failed to suggest a viable solution to halting an on-going timer by turning ON one, or both, of the switches. Be sure to check for this scenario.

Unfortunately, I have lost track of your exact programs, but I think the solution might be to modify (and re-enable) your timer program (whatever it is called) to something like:

if

control driveway is not switched on

or

control frontlawn is not switched on

then

turn lights on

wait 45 seconds

turn lights off

Once modified, your other program would continue to call this program (then path). Adding these two conditions will send this program to the ELSE path (halting any ongoing wait period) any time one of the switches is turned on.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

Have a good Easter, yourself. Family is arriving. He has risen. All is good.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to say but some how I deleted/lost my programs that kept my lights on even if the motion sensors (30Sec.on/off command) got triggered. So below I recreated the programs but so far when motion is sensed by a one of the MS it still runs its 30 sec. timer, then shuts off the lights when they should be staying on since I"m manually turn the lights on with the physical light switches. 

Currently when I physically turn on the light switches the lights do stay on forever. however soon as the MS senses motion with the lights on the lights do turn back off in 30 secs.

There are NO Scenes with any of the Insteon devise here. Each MS are "controllers" to both light switches.

I do want the lights to stay on forever when I physically turn on the light switches regardless if motion is sensed. Yet on the other hand when the lights are off and motion is sensed/triggered the light will turn on then shut off with the 30 sec. timeout.

Not sure what I’m missing here….

====FrontLightsManual===(ENABLED)
If
        (
             Control 'Front Yard Lawn' is switched On
        )
    And (
             Control 'Front Yard Lawn' is not switched Off
        )

Then
        $Manual.Lights  = 1

Else
        $Manual.Lights  = 0

===TriggerLights====(ENABLED)
If
        From    Sunset 
        To      Sunrise +  6 hours  (next day)
    And $Manual.Lights is 0
    And Control 'Driveway-Sensor' is switched On
     Or Control 'FrontPorch-Sensor' is switched On

Then

Else
        Set 'Front Yard Driveway’ Off

==MotionSensor (MS) Settings===
Confirm
Timeout {Minutes) [ 0.5 ]
LED Brightness [ 30 ]
Darkness Sensitivity [ 35 ]
-----------------
Options...
Sensing Mode:
------------------
As Motion is sensed [X] <CHECKED)
Only after timeout [  ]
------------------
On only Mode:
On/Off Commands [  ]
On command only [X] <CHECKED)
------------------
Night mode:
Always [  ]
At night only [X] <CHECKED)

Thanks again for any help!

Rapidway

"There are NO Scenes with any of the Insteon devise here. Each MS are "controllers" to both light switches."

I don't understand these two statements. In my mind both cannot be true. If there are no scenes, then a motion sensor cannot be controller. On the other hand, if the motion sensor is a controller, then it is part of a scene.

Double check this. If motion sensors are controllers of those devices, and if the motion sensor is configured to send both ON and OFF commands, then those devices willturn on and off regardless of your programs. Check both sensors that they match your posted settings.

As an aside, I see nothing in your programs that turns anything off after any pre-defined time period. Are there additional relevant programs not posted?

In addition to oberkc comments about being in a Scene which I completely agree with, two additional items.

The On Only mode: check box should be "unchecked" for the motion sensor to send On Only commands. 

This Program is missing parens.

===TriggerLights====(ENABLED)
If
        From    Sunset 
        To      Sunrise +  6 hours  (next day)
    And $Manual.Lights is 0
    And
     (
     Control 'Driveway-Sensor' is switched On
     )

Then

Else
        Set 'Front Yard Driveway’ Off

"There are NO Scenes with any of the Insteon devise here. Each MS are "controllers" to both light switches."

I don't understand these two statements. In my mind both cannot be true. If there are no scenes, then a motion sensor cannot be controller. On the other hand, if the motion sensor is a controller, then it is part of a scene.

What i'm referring to is LINKING two Insteon Devises by holding the set button in 5 sec then the RED lite is blinking. then you can pair a responder (holding it's set button) to it making it a "CONTROLLER". This does not create a SCENE in my UD Administrative Console or in my Moblinc App. I have to go to my ISY and create a SCENE. I do realize that creating a SCENE in my ISY gives me the option to link the devises. So is LINKING  a SCENE? I will add in the "(" ")" and unlink the MS to try this.

Thanks!

What I have is turning on either or both switches on, changes $Manual.Lights to a #1 and turning either switch off sets it back to #0. I now have my MS to set On Only commands  and UNLINKED. When I wave my hand in front of it changes $Manual.Lights to a #1 and stays there. If I turn a switch on and back off it will change $Manual.Lights back to a #0.  Yes, the lights stay on forever turning them on physically but now the MS just turns them off while they are on and will not turn them on with motion.

"now the MS just turns them off while they are on and will not turn them on with motion."

This does not make sense.  If the motion sensor turns the devices Off it will/should turn them On.  There is no option for Off commands only.  Without an ISY Scene all lights are being controlled from programs and the light devices themselves.

Have you posted your actual programs. Right click on the program name and select copy to clipboard. In your post select the code icon and paste into the pop up box.

It seems that your motion sensor is setting the variable to 1. Do you use the MS device in your first program rather than a switch. I think you could set this up another way by disabling and enabling the trigger program with the switches.

I just set up my first MS which turns the laundry room lights on when you walk into the room. The MS is set to on only.

If you have manual links (meaning links set up by pressing the set buttons locally rather than using the isy) you may need to reset and restore your devices.

Program Content for FrontLightsManual

If

(
             Control 'Family Room Lights' is switched On
        )
    And (
             Control 'Family Room Lights' is not switched Off
        )

Then
        $Manual.Lights  = 1

Else
        $Manual.Lights  = 0

Program Content for TriggerLights
If
        From    Sunset 
        To      Sunrise + 10 hours  (next day)
    And $Manual.Lights is 0
    And (
             Control 'Driveway-Sensor' is switched On
        )

Then

Else
        Set 'Family Room Lights' Off

Archived