Can't Get Climate Data

mbrossart

I recently added the WeatherBug module and have been trying to set it up, but it does not appear to be updating the Climate Status data.

Do I need to populate the Location ID field or does it find the closest station based on my Longitude - Latitude? If the former, do I just use the settings found in the WeatherBug "Change Your Weather Station" page (e.g. Mesa Verde HS)? Also if the former, does it matter if you use a WeatherBug station or a National Weather Service station (e.g. Mather Field)? I have both relatively close to my house.

Are there any special firewall rule requirements? I saw this page, but I am running a pfSense and don't see any specific pfSense data. I set a rule to allow any traffic to the IP of my ISY, but it didn't resolve the problem.

Are there some troubleshooting steps I should be taking? Any tools on the ISY to test connection? Not sure where to start.

Thanks.

photos?pid=5978327412327243170&oid=111123888314440598203

post-6262-140474162739_thumb.png

mbrossart,

Glad you found your way through the Weatherbug setup.

One additional request: Please increase to polling interval to 300 seconds (or greater). Using a 1 second poll results in a lot of needless communication and could be interpreted as a attempt to overload the Weatherbug server.

I normally use a minimum of 10 minutes (600 seconds) for my polling interval. Many National Weather Sites (NWS) like airports only send updates at 30 or 60 minutes.

Archived