MobiLinc (iOS) version 4.0

InsteonNut

I believe one of the problems encountered is using the letter (S) after the key word. It appears the system does acknowledge the command. But, will not actually turn the device on / off it the exact word is not used.

For example: Pantry Light is the actual command. But, I was stating Pantry Light(s). What is strange is that the system will reply saying this process was completed but does not turn the light on / off. I will have to test this out more to confirm the behaviour.

Teken . . .

Hi Teken,

Yes, there does need to be an exact match to your voice name for MobiLinc to find and issue the command. It doesn't assume plurality is a match for singularity.

Wes

Hello Wes,

That makes perfect sense to me and I will ensure the correct spelling and annunciation is used. However the system should ignore the command at the very least and not confirm it was completed. I believe this was really giving me a head scratch for a few moments! :oops::cry:

Regardless, a most excellent product that I know will only get better with time.

P.S.

On a side note: I thank you so very much in saving me all the time in kludging together another server to get this one feature.

Teken . . .

First impression, awesome!

Running on my iPhone 5S and the fact that this can run in the background, I am amazed that I don't even have to hit a button like I did for Siri, I just call out the voice prompt (I called it issy for my ISY), wait for the chime confirmation and then say "turn on" device. Absolutely awesome. I did not expect it to work so well having been using Siriproxy for a long time until I upgraded to iPhone 5S.

Thanks for putting voice control back in my life! I can't wait to play around and give voice names to all of my devices, scenes & programs.

Hi Teken,

The system has erased all of the voice prompts and favourites several times?

Did you by chance manually sync MobiLinc and select "Download All"? If so, then this is the expected behavior.

I just noticed also my Brultech GEM channels disappeared from the App

v4 now has official support for the GEM under the "Energy" slideout menu.

Wes

Hi kevkmartin,

Well, I can say this... When Mobilinc thinks you said "turn on output one", it is VERY LOW on the WAF!!!

For now, output control on the ELK will remain OFF!!!

Yes, the first time I tested this in my home, I got quite a shock. For those that don't know what we're referring to, output 1, at least in our setups, will trigger the ELK Alarm. The entire neighborhood knew I was testing ELK outputs.

The other thing you can do is to set that output as not "shown" in the ELK setup panel. That way the ISY won't see it. Unless you need the ISY to see it for a program reason.

Wes

Wes just to confirm the voice plugin is the same as the elk, in that if I buy it on the Pro version and then later purchase the HD version it will be available to me on both versions correct?

The iPhone Pro version is now available on the App store.

Once updated I noticed a few things. I like the new dashboard but wish it has an option for "list" of the favorites rather than the larger Icons. Second favorites are now added to the dashboard, so should you change dashboard to favorites or change "add to favorites" to "add to dashboard"? Either would work but dont you think by changing the name would help with continuity? People/new users may spend time looking for "favorites". Just my two cents.

Hi Teken,

Did you by chance manually sync MobiLinc and select "Download All"? If so, then this is the expected behavior.

I always disliked this from happening. There is probably a reason but now with voice commands if you setup a bunch of pref it kills me when setting up a new device or downloading all you have to go through resetting everything back up. Is there no way we can save our settings to icloud or some where else? Just think it could be better handled.

Wes,

I did in fact perform a manual sync. I guess I won't be doing that again! :mrgreen: I found the GEM channels much thanks!

How does one see the actual watts in each channel now? All I see is the ability to see KWH and it appears to only display the highest consuming device at any point in time.

Teken

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

Hi Teken,

I always disliked this from happening. There is probably a reason but now with voice commands if you setup a bunch of pref it kills me when setting up a new device or downloading all you have to go through resetting everything back up. Is there no way we can save our settings to icloud or some where else? Just think it could be better handled.

I second this request.

Teken . . .

huddadudda,

This is a side effect of having to cache off everything from the ISY. If you need to perform an update sync, pick "Update Only". The "Download All" option is designed to wipe the database and start over.

You actually shouldn't really ever need to sync once you've done it once. By default MobiLinc will silently background update each time with the ISY (when on Wi-Fi) to pull in updates.

Always looking to do better but so far haven't found a better way to do this that preserves the necessary cache to make starting up and gathering status fast on MobiLinc.

Teken,

You can find the watts for the channels selected in the pie graph. I'm also looking at adding in a list view for channels as well, but just investigating if it makes sense to do that at this point.

Wes

huddadudda,

This is a side effect of having to cache off everything from the ISY. If you need to perform an update sync, pick "Update Only". The "Download All" option is designed to wipe the database and start over.

You actually shouldn't really ever need to sync once you've done it once. By default MobiLinc will silently background update each time with the ISY (when on Wi-Fi) to pull in updates.

Always looking to do better but so far haven't found a better way to do this that preserves the necessary cache to make starting up and gathering status fast on MobiLinc.

Teken,

You can find the watts for the channels selected in the pie graph. I'm also looking at adding in a list view for channels as well, but just investigating if it makes sense to do that at this point.

Wes

Hello Wes,

Touching the pie graph only appears to split the pie and rotate it. Touching the bottom icons don't seem to do anything at all?

I also selected 5-32 channels to see if it made any difference, it didn't. I would love to see a list view of each channel along with any other data the ISY is able to push to the Mobilinc Application.

That is the ideal presentation for me as I have pulse, temperature, and voltage all being monitored.

Teken . . .

Hi huddadudda,

The plug-ins are available in HD/Pro/OML versions. But keep in mind that to Apple, these are all separate. Meaning, if you buy a plug-in for Pro, it won't move over to your HD copy. Apple hasn't opened up cross App Receipts to devs (not sure they ever will). So please be aware of this limit.

Hi Teken,

The pie chart is limited to comparing the energy channels from about 6 or so channels at a time. Selecting a bunch of channels will only force the top 6 or so to display.

Understood about a straight energy list view. I have it on my investigate list.

Wes

Hi huddadudda,

My apologies, I didn't see this:

Once updated I noticed a few things. I like the new dashboard but wish it has an option for "list" of the favorites rather than the larger Icons. Second favorites are now added to the dashboard, so should you change dashboard to favorites or change "add to favorites" to "add to dashboard"? Either would work but dont you think by changing the name would help with continuity? People/new users may spend time looking for "favorites". Just my two cents.

We're trying to move away from lists in a few key areas. It's just not a great way to display a quick/clean view. There are of course different opinions here, but we've gone ahead with this design UI for the time being to make the app fit better into the iOS 7 look and feel.

And good catch on the language. Looks like an old 3.x relic slipped past me. I'll get it changed up and consistent for the next release. Thanks.

Wes

Hi huddadudda,

The plug-ins are available in HD/Pro/OML versions. But keep in mind that to Apple, these are all separate. Meaning, if you buy a plug-in for Pro, it won't move over to your HD copy. Apple hasn't opened up cross App Receipts to devs (not sure they ever will). So please be aware of this limit.

Hi Teken,

The pie chart is limited to comparing the energy channels from about 6 or so channels at a time. Selecting a bunch of channels will only force the top 6 or so to display.

Understood about a straight energy list view. I have it on my investigate list.

Wes

Hello Wes,

Selecting only 2-5 energy streams only displays KWH. I don't see any method to see the live watts as I did in the previous version before the update.

My intent and goal for this app is to be alerted via e-mail when something meets a defined threshold. It would be great if this area could be developed more to allow more notification and awareness. Again, being able to monitor, view, and send alerts on energy, temperature, pulse, voltage is the holy grail for me.

I thank you so very much for all the insight and help thus far, you rock!

Teken . . .

Thanks Teken!

Live watts are in the pie chart slices. Or if selected, the gauge on the iPad will "focus" on that channel and display the live KW.

I'm taking all you are saying under advisement and consideration. Agreed about notification and energy. You can do this now with the ISY's txt/email feature. It would be great to add this to our PUSH notification feature, but there are currently a limited number of folks that could benefit from this right now. On the long term plan for us.

Wes

Is there a way to hide the red bar at the top that is "blinking" MobiLinc? I'd like to have it running in the background, but the red bar is a little bit "loud"/annoying to be up 24/7. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Teken!

Live watts are in the pie chart slices. Or if selected, the gauge on the iPad will "focus" on that channel and display the live KW.

I'm taking all you are saying under advisement and consideration. Agreed about notification and energy. You can do this now with the ISY's txt/email feature. It would be great to add this to our PUSH notification feature, but there are currently a limited number of folks that could benefit from this right now. On the long term plan for us.

Wes

Oh jeeeeeeeeeeeeese! I am doing this on the iPhone. :oops: No wonder none of this is present in the App!

My bad . . . :(

Teken . . .

Is there a way to hide the red bar at the top that is "blinking" MobiLinc? I'd like to have it running in the background, but the red bar is a little bit "loud"/annoying to be up 24/7. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought it myself and agree it would be nicer to have it be invisible or better just an option. Afraid there is no control as its Apples restriction.

Anyone know how to set lights at a specific dim level?

Archived