Program to Auto Close Garage Door after 15 min?

klebel

I am having a heck of a time with something I would have thought should be pretty simple. I am still a noobie but...

I have a 3 bay garage with iolinks on all 3 doors. If the sensor for the IOLink senses that the door is open, I want it to wait 15 minutes, check to see if the door is STILL open and then close it. Easy as that. It should work with any of the 3 doors. Can anyone give me a pointer in the right direction? I ride my motorcycle to work so it would be nice to have the door shut behind me. And the wife leaves the garage door open all the time when she leaves the house. So I was hoping this could be my solution.

Thanks!

I'm sorry but when I did a search on all the "garage" threads I found lots on using the garage sensors with KPLs and other button configurations but I didnt find any example problems that were related to my question. If this has been answered before and you know where, would you mind just including the link?

Thanks.

I assume LeeG is speaking of my response to your question originally posted on smarthome forum.

I paste it here:

The answer to this question will partly depend on how you have set up your sensors and IOLinc. Does sending an OPEN command cause the door only to open, and CLOSE only to close? Or...does OPEN or CLOSE cause the door to move, regardless?

The simplest might be to create three programs:

if

status garagedoor1 sensor is open <<< depending on setup, could be ON or OFF.

then

wait 15 minutes

close garagedoor1 <<

else

nothing

Do two other programs just like it for the other doors.

The answer is posted after your question on the Smsrthome forum. No search required. Same answer is now posted here.

oberkc is very good and provided the solution. There are many ways to configure an I/O Linc in a garage application. None of the specifics are provided in either original post so oberkc provided the solution that requires you to fill in the variables that apply to your installation.

The major point is to use "If Status" rather than the "If Control". That takes care of the situation where the door is closed before the Wait completes. How the Program closes the door depends on how you configured the I/O Linc, which Momentary mode did you chose to use for example.

Archived