Need help...total noob here setting up ISY-994i PRO

pintu1228

LeeG,

Early you suggested (I think) using a direct command to trigger the relay. I vaguely recall other posts where I thought I understood the IOLinc responds in momentary mode only to scene commands. Am I recalling incorrectly?

Yes, I agree that the button looks like a simple momentary contact button. This should work, yes!

Pintu1228,

If you wall button still works, make sure that the wires connected to the IOLinc go to the same wires as the wall button.

The I/O Linc Relay responds to Direct commands using the Latch/Momentary mode that has been defined for the relay. The difference with a Direct command is On always turns the Relay On and Direct Off always turns the Relay Off (assuming the relay was On when the Direct Off is issued). The Relay will turn Off automatically if in any of the Momentary modes.

With Scenes what happens with a Scene On or Scene Off depends on the Momentary mode. Each Momentary mode has a different set of rules as to what Scene On and Scene Off commands actually do. A Scene Off can actually turn the Relay On when in Momentary C mode based on the Sensor status.

That is why I suggested using a Direct On as that always turns the Relay On.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry to post in a long-dormant forum, but I'm about to attempt the same solution that pintu1228 did (which I read about on other forums).

pintu1228 (or anyone else), any pictures/instructions on how you connected the wires from the IOLinc to the liftmaster 883LM remote would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance. 

Archived