Program Help (Remotelinc/Elk)

jmed999

I have a remotelinc mounted to the wall in the garage and it's set as 4 scene. I would like to use the bottom buttons (G-H) to arm the alarm or lock the kwikset zwave deadbolt. I suppose I could change it to 8 scene toggle if needed. Basically I would like to press G and have the deadbolt lock or press H and have the door lock and the Elk arm.

I can't seem to come up with a program to work since if H is pressed it would lock the door and arm the alarm then if I unarm the alarm and unlock the door using an access code then later press H the status wont really change to trigger lcoking the door and arming the alarm.. I'm kinda stuck. Maybe it's possible with variables so how. :?:

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! :mrgreen:

I am confused. What do you want to happen if you press button G (arm the alarm)? What do you want to happen if you press button H (lock the door)?

Since this is in four-scene mode, pressing button G will send an OFF command, correct? Pressing button H will send an ON command, correct? I don't believe remotes have a "status", so pressing button G twice will send two OFF commands, and pressing button H twice will send two ON commands.

What is wrong with a program like:

if

control button GH is set off

and control button GH is not set on

then

arm the alarm

else

lock door