Unable to get dimmer to dim

dba62

ISY-994i, 3-way switch, 2477S, and 2477D.

I added both devices to a scene as controllers.

Dimming does not work for the scene or manually via the dimmer.

I am able to turn the lights on and off from the scene and manually using either switch.

The lights are incandescent.

So what did I do wrong?

Question: which switch is connected to the load? If it is not the dimmer, then the lights will not dim.

I had an electrician here doing work so I had him wire the switches. I'll check with him in the morning. Hopefully that is the issue.

even if the dimmer is not connected to the load you should be able to dim it. If you press and hold the dimmer on you should see the LEDs on the side slowly go up. The non dimming switch will just turn full on. If you can produce this behavior and the lights do not dim then you just need to switch the switches. Hopefully you do not need to pay to have that done.

Eric

even if the dimmer is not connected to the load you should be able to dim it. If you press and hold the dimmer on you should see the LEDs on the side slowly go up. The non dimming switch will just turn full on. If you can produce this behavior and the lights do not dim then you just need to switch the switches. Hopefully you do not need to pay to have that done.

Eric

Not sure I follow, but here is an attempt to answer your question. If I start with the lights off the and press and hold the dimmer the leds do slowly go up, but the lights never turn on.

The non dimming switch is connected to the load. Swap the switches and you should be good. It could probably be done without moving the switches if the set up was originally a three way, but just exchanging the locations will be more straightforward.

Archived