Communications Issues, LED Bulbs?

stillen_i30

I have a ton of recessed can lights. All were using incandescent bulbs until I started replacing them with LED floods (BR30s from Phillips). I wrote a prior topic that my subwoofer on a different circuit was picking up a lot of buzzing noise when my KPL dimmer had 7 of these LEDs dimmed. I did installed a line filter from smarthome onto the circuit breaker for the subwoofer (ACT AF300) but that made no difference.

At any rate, things were still working fine until I replaced a bunch more floods. I unscrewed a bunch of CFLs to reduce the line noise/disturbance. I already had a signalinc in the breaker panel. Since replacing two KPL dimmers to the newest versions, the line noise still continues in the subwoofer (I thought replacing the dimmer since the old ones were VERY old versions woudl fix it but it did not). At any rate, when I do scene tests in ISY, it shows multiple devices failing now and down to 0 hops left. At least half of my devices are dual band. I have a bunch of access points scattered around the house. Signalinc in place. All major electronics behind filterlincs. Any help/ideas? Scene reliability has reduced significantly. Not sure I can cast the blame on the LED bulbs entirely.

-Reverse the plug in the receptacle for the amp?

-Test and/or tighten all ground and neutral connections for the amp and the dimmer circuit back to the distribution panel and possibly electrical system neutral to ground connections? (think to water meter). Make sure some plumber hasn't removed ground wires bridging or connecting near your water meter.

-If you have a clamp-on ammeter check for current in your copper water pipe going to the street supply. Current there would indicate a poor neutral feed back to your utility supply transformer. This can also be measured by clamping around your plastic service stack or incoming pipe to your meter base. (reads differential current returning through the ground and not proper through conductors)

Archived