MobiLinc (Android) version 2.0.0 is Now Available!

InsteonNut

Wes, something else came to mind. A killer feature you could add. It would use an Android specific feature, but you should consider this a Connect feature for Android users.

Couldn't the Connect server send C2DM messages to MobiLinc on the device to update device state real time? That way, the initial connect delay wouldn't matter as much. This would also mean during running the app, a dedicated connection is not required to stream events back to the device, lowering battery use. This would also mean widgets would not have to poll etc. They just update from MobiLinc that gets updated via C2DM - even when not running (due to the magic of broadcast intents).

Michael.

Hi Junky,

Can you clarify "full featured Android version"? MobiLinc for Android supports the majority of ISY features (devices/scenes/programs/energy/weather).

FYI: We released 2.0.2 last night to add in support for the new weather data. Variable support is next on our list.

Wes

Hi Wes.

Like I posted over in the mobilinc forum I would like full android support that includes full ELK and IP Camera control.  Essentially I would like it to function exactly as it does (or better than) the mobilinc hd version for ipad.  When it does, I will buy it with all of the plugins.

Thanks

Junky

Thanks MWareman and dbuss.  Any clues to getting my lock working?  I have my Z-wave CT-30 thermostat working and it shows up in the Network in the admin console, but when I try to add the Kwikset 194, it says it is adding the device and the window goes away, but it never shows up in the Network listing.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there something that I am missing?  

Thanks MWareman and dbuss. Any clues to getting my lock working? I have my Z-wave CT-30 thermostat working and it shows up in the Network in the admin console, but when I try to add the Kwikset 194, it says it is adding the device and the window goes away, but it never shows up in the Network listing. What am I doing wrong? Is there something that I am missing?

rbendorf, I had similar problems with 2 of my locks that were further away from ISY. Make sure you have a good communication path between your ISY and your lock. If you can move them closer to each other during the adding process that may help you.

I couldn't sleep and did some more digging and discovered that my firmware was ver. 4.0.5, which will not support Z-Wave, so I updated it and now have the CT-30 and Kwikset 914 operational in Z-wave.  Both my CT-30 and Kwikset 914 are 40-50 feet from the controller, so I ordered an external antenna.  I have a 1 foot piece of wire ( don't know the wavelength)  twisted around the one of the connectors on the rear of the isy and this seems to help with the signal.  It is interesting that the admin console in the 4.2.10 firmware shows the battery level, but not the signal strength.  I love the z-wave system and hope that it either gets a gui or some kind of topology support.

I'm not sure if this is because of the mobilinc update or the ISY update but I noticed a difference in my scene controls.  This may not effect many out there since I think I have set my system up slightly different but I wanted to put this out there just in case someone else notices it.

In mobilinc, I wanted to simplify the interface for people so I have it load to the favorites screen and don't have any scenes listed.  Instead, I have had the main light control that is connected to the load listed in the favorites and turning this on and off (or dimming) has adjusted the scene automatically (ie in a 3 or 4 way light switch) so all of the other light switches moved in sync.  After the last set of updates, I noticed that adjusting the individual load controlling light will not result in changes in the scene so the other switches will be out of sync (light still works as it should).

I went back and took out the lights from my favorites that were part of scenes and instead listed the scenes.  I removed headers between scenes and devices so that it is more seemless but still less user friendly since each header is in alphabetical order so when combined it looks a bit jumbled.  Also you can't control scenes with a slider bar so you have to open the scene to do that which then in turn shows all of the lights that are part of that scene, and I don't want someone accidentally adjusting the individual lights in a 3 way switch.

It would be nice if we could adjust the order of items in our favorites and if scenes had a slider like devices.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't sleep and did some more digging and discovered that my firmware was ver. 4.0.5, which will not support Z-Wave, so I updated it and now have the CT-30 and Kwikset 914 operational in Z-wave.  Both my CT-30 and Kwikset 914 are 40-50 feet from the controller, so I ordered an external antenna.  I have a 1 foot piece of wire ( don't know the wavelength)  twisted around the one of the connectors on the rear of the isy and this seems to help with the signal.  It is interesting that the admin console in the 4.2.10 firmware shows the battery level, but not the signal strength.  I love the z-wave system and hope that it either gets a gui or some kind of topology support.

I installed the external antenna yesterday and have added a lamp module about 20 feet away and this seems to have cured my problems...all the Z-Wave items, including the door lock are working great...will keep you informed.

r

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived