Being able to set SynchroLinc Trigger > 255 Watts

johnnyt

Unless I'm missing something it seems one is unable to set the Trigger Threshold of a SynchroLinc above 255 using ISY.

Can this be changed to allow for all values the SynchroLinc supports, i.e. up to 15A X 120V = 1800W?

I know I can set the value manually using the load and set button but sometimes the load doesn't run on my command. For example I wanted to set the SynchroLinc to detect the defrost cycle in my fridges and freezer, but not the fridge/freezer running. This is not something that I can start myself. I have no idea when it runs only that it never starts within the first 4 minutes the SynchroLinc is first plugged in and calibrate-able using the set button.

It's not a big deal but if it's as simple as declaring a long integer in the code instead of an 8 bit one for that setting, it would be nice to be able to use ISY for all situations within the SynchroLinc's operating range.

Thanks for considering it.

Unless I'm missing something it seems one is unable to set the Trigger Threshold of a SynchroLinc above 255 using ISY.

Can this be changed to allow for all values the SynchroLinc supports, i.e. up to 15A X 120V = 1800W?

I know I can set the value manually using the load and set button but sometimes the load doesn't run on my command. For example I wanted to set the SynchroLinc to detect the defrost cycle in my fridges and freezer, but not the fridge/freezer running. This is not something that I can start myself. I have no idea when it runs only that it never starts within the first 4 minutes the SynchroLinc is first plugged in and calibrate-able using the set button.

Thanks for considering it.

All my fridges had a timer behind the kick panel grill with a screwdriver slot that can turn the timer to start any time of day, usually wanted about 2-3 am each night. Since the timer has no real time knowledge the clock never has a calibrate time dial on it.

My SynchroLinc ramps up to 1800 watts but will not go over that.

You may consider swapping it out with a Z-Wave Appliance Module.

You can set ISY up to graph the power being read from it and actually see when your defrost cycles are running and what powers they are hitting. You could use this to set your SychronoLink settings or have the ISY act as the trigger based on the power readings directly.

31BBQGna%2BuL._AA160_.jpg

Archived