2992-222 Range Extender

Brian H

Looks like the 2443 Access Point {Later called a Range Extender} has been replaced by a new model.

Looks like a Dual Band LampLinc and has the same FCC ID:SBP2457D2.

http://www.smarthome.com/2992-222/INSTE ... der/p.aspx

No online Quick Users Guide yet and the sales page didn't mention the built in Beacon tests.

There are still a few of the 2443 Access Points listed as Refurbished.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the new 2992-222 Range Extenders yet?

The 2443 Access Points where no longer on the Smarthome sales site this morning. Just a few Refurbished one where showing.

The last batch of new Access Points must have sold out.

Has anyone tried the new 2992-222 Range Extenders yet?

The 2443 Access Points where no longer on the Smarthome sales site this morning. Just a few Refurbished one where showing.

The last batch of new Access Points must have sold out.

I hope to try out a few later next month and will report back. I am very curious to take it apart and take a look inside to see if its exactly a on/off / dimmer module with out the plugs etc.

I would love to see ELA get one and measure the signal output with his scope and ELAM! I am more curious to see if the power output / line signal is as powerful as the older AP.

• 4 weeks later...

I found both the Quick Users Guide and a Full Users Manual for the 2992-222 Range Extenders. Link is NOT on the sales page but is in the manuals area of Insteon.com.

The Full Users Manual. Actually has a chart in it showing how the LEDs react in the Communications test. For the 1.0-1.9 {White LED} and 2.0+ {Red Green LED} 2443 Access Points. Along with the 2992-222 Range Extender.

http://support.insteon.com/customer/portal/articles/1595203

The Full Manual gave a new FCC ID#. SBP2992A

It has not made it to the FCC Database yet.

My 2992-222 Range Extender arrived today.

White Label:

2992-222

R3.2

FCC:SBP2457D2A

PC Board is a LampLinc RF Dual Band.

Parts, power jumpers and female AC Pins for the dimmer circuits not populated.

Can't say what firmware is in it as there was NO sticker on the controller IC. Not even a glue mark where it may have fallen off.

Case has solid partition where the AC Output would be and only the Set Button cutout is on the side.

Seems to have slightly better coverage from my Living Room Access Points location to my other Access Point and 2413 PLM.

My 2992-222 Range Extender arrived today.

White Label:

2992-222

R3.2

FCC:SBP2457D2A

PC Board is a LampLinc RF Dual Band.

Parts, power jumpers and female AC Pins for the dimmer circuits not populated.

Can't say what firmware is in it as there was NO sticker on the controller IC. Not even a glue mark where it may have fallen off.

Case has solid partition where the AC Output would be and only the Set Button cutout is on the side.

Seems to have slightly better coverage from my Living Room Access Points location to my other Access Point and 2413 PLM.

Are the dual antenna's still just hanging off the middle? I really wish you could post pictures but realize you still don't have a camera!   :mrgreen:   :?   :shock:

Borrow one, beg for one, just steal one!  8)

The 2457D2 LampLinc it is built on. Never had a dual antenna.

FCC Photos here: http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

Grantee:SBP

Product Code:2457D2A

Details choice.

Internal Photos file.

The 2413 series PLM and 2443 Hardware Version 2 Access Points have the same base board with two antennas.

The revision 1 Access points also had a two antennas on the RF Daughter Card.

Archived