Leak sensor Heartbeat not working

I have just installed several Insteon #33 leak sensors and want to be able monitor their status using the "Heartbeat" flag.

To test a unit I first config'd in the ISY and tested it to verify the DRY and WET points were toggling ON/OFF, then removed the battery.

It has now been about 25 hours and I am still getting an "ON" heartbeat status for that leak sensor.

Does the ISY monitor this point and if not updated by the leak sensor after a certain period, then toggle the "Heartbeat" flag to OFF?

If not, does anyone know what it actually does and how I might use it to monitor the status of each unit?

Thanks all,

Rick

I believe the heartbeat toggles on and off.

I use the programs described here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12593

You need a program that waits 25 hours to catch it. The above link uses a program such as:

If
       Control 'Devices / Sensors / Leak1-Dry / Leak1-Heartbeat' is switched On
    Or Control 'Devices / Sensors / Leak1-Dry / Leak1-Heartbeat' is switched Off

Then
       $sLeak1  = 1
       Wait  25 hours 
       $sLeak1  = 2

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Then whenever $sLeak1 gets set to 2, a different program sends a notification.

interesting. I called Insteon tech support and the guy there seemed to think that the heartbeat variable came from the ISY, therefore the timer logic had to come from it as well.

From what you seem to be saying is that every 24 hours the Leak sensor toggles the Heartbeat output. If that is the case your logic makes a lot more sense.

Are you sure on this one?

Rick

There isn't a toggle. The leak sensor simply sends a heart beat signal which the ISY will see and reflect that incoming signal.

If the other user linked you to the program 90% of us are using. It will monitor for the check in / heart beat signal.

If any if the conditions are met / not met the ISY via the program will alert you either through email, text, or a combination of both.

Teken

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

rickbase1

The Leak Sensor sends a Heartbeat message every 24 hours (nominal). Whether it shows On or Off status depends on whether the Leak Sensor is Wet or Dry when the Heartbeat message is sent. A Program that is checking for a Heartbeat should check for both On and Off Status.

If

Control 'Leak Sensor-Heartbeat' is switched On

Or Control 'Leak Sensor-Heartbeat' is switched Off

Then

Wait 25 hours

Send X10 'A10/All Lights On (5)'

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

This Heartbeat monitor has been working for many months. The Leak Sensor does send a Heartbeat message.

• 1 year later...

Archived