Button light on KPL not turning on

k5map

I successfully added a 6-Button KPL to my ISY as well as to a scene as a controller (the scene has a SwitchLinc as the responder); the KPL does not switch the load. My problem is the button/light on the KPL (button A) correctly indicates when the light is on/off. My problem is if I turn the light on/off locally via the SwitchLinc, the button the KPL does not change. What must I change to get the KPL button to follow the on/off of the light?

Lee,

Thanks... I was mistaken in the device controlling the light is a ToggeLinc. Do I still need to add it as a Controller so when I switch the light with the ToggleLinc it will change the light on the KPL button?

Does not matter what the device type is. SwitchLinc, ToggleLinc, even another KPL button that is physically controlling the load, it has to be a Controller in the Scene that also has the KPL button as a Controller. Being a Controller is what makes the ToggleLinc turn the KPL button On and Off.

Lee,

Ok many thanks... I changed my setup as you instructed and everything is working except one situation. KPL-A follows the state of the remote light connected to the SL.

I have one other situation I am unable to resolve. The KPL is the switch for a local lamp. When the local lamp is ON and I turn on the remote light mentioned previously (KPL-A). The LED on A does not turn on. Any idea why?

The KPL Secondary button A is a Controller in a Scene

ToggleLinc that turns On/Off a load is also a Controller of same Scene

I do not understand the remainder of the configuration.

The KPL ON/OFF buttons also turn On/Off a load? What are you expecting KPL button A to do?

KPL A turns ON/OFF the garage light (no associated with local load). It seems that the KPL-A LED comes on/off most of the time. If I press the KPL-A multiple times, it gets back in sync with the garage light (controlled by SL). Should the LED correctly reflect the light on/off whether I turn it off via the SL, ISY Program or turning the scene on/off from the ISY web console?

The ability of the KPL button A to stay in sync with the ToggleLinc depends first on the Scene definition being correct, the KPL button A and the ToggleLinc being Controllers of the ISY Scene.

The next thing that must be working is the Insteon network itself. If the ToggleLinc can be turned On/Off and the KPL button A does not always follow the same On/Off pattern the Insteon network is having problems.

There is a difference between a Program and the Admin Console turning the ISY Scene On/Off and communication between the two devices. When a Program or Admin Console turns the ISY Scene On/Off the PLM is the Controller and there is no retry associated with the activity. When KPL button A is pressed the KPL is the Controller and the ToggleLinc is the Responder. When the ToggleLinc toggle is pressed On/Off the ToggleLinc is the Controller and the KPL is the Responder. There is retry when the KPL button or the toggleLinc is the Controller. The Insteon network communication is very different depending on which device is the Controller and whether there is retry associated with the activity.

Archived