Kpl led brightness

bmiller

I have a Kpl 2487s and fanlinc wired in a bedroom. it is set so that only one of the fan speed or off button is lit, depending on which one is pressed, and then the light off button is lit at night. It was so bright, that it was annoying while trying to sleep. The Led brightness is set to 0/0 which i thought was supposed to be off, but apparently not. I've been trying to get my head around the settings by reading posts, but it is confusing. Is 7/15 off/on full brightness and 0/0 the least bright, or am i way off base. I know any setting you make to the brightness level changes the level for all buttons on the Kpl which is ok, i just want them to be dim enough at night to not feel like someone has a small flashlight beaming in the room.

Thanks, Brad

Thanks, I read that post earlier, and seeing as the brightness setting by default is 0/0, I thought they lights would be off. I changed the on setting to a one, and they appear to be less bright than my other 2 Kpl's. Changing it to a 2 made no further apparent change. A very confusing setup.

The initial 0/0 is the default value of the KPL. Set a value to something else; then back to 0/0 which should turn the KPL LEDs Off. Setting to 1/0 should be very dim.

edit: there is always a difference of 8 between Off/On LED level so that an On button looks different than Off button. Makes some of the settings appear to make no change.

Archived