Insteon LED Bulb (2672-222)

Techman

I just installed one of the 9 watt bulbs and noticed that when I dim or brighten it flickers during the process but is steady once it reaches the intended brightness.  I spoke to Smarthome who said that when using the Insteon Hub they didn't experience any flicker. I'm wondering if I have a bad bulb or if the ISY algorithm is causing the flicker.

I have seen many LED bulb brands do exactly what you describe. On an Insteon, X10  or cheap manual rotory dimmer.

While adjusting the light level they pulse or flicker as the new level is set.

I doubt the ISY in the picture would be an issue. A Insteon Dim or Brighten command from a HUB or ISY controller is the same basic command.

After looking at the Reviews for the bulb. A few other purchasers also reported choppy or steped light levels when brightened or dimmed. So you are not alone in your observations.

MustangChris04

The bulb is not connected to a switch or dimmer, it is being controlled directly by the ISY

Brian H

I have numerous LED bulbs connected to various Insteon controllers and none of them flicker when dimmed except the Insteon bulb. Smarthome said when the bulb is connected to a Insteon Hub it didn't flicker so it's possible I have a defective one. 

Since others reviweing the bulb have seen flickering.

It could be a touchy bulb.

They also redesigned the bulb and its specfications changed. It is possible Smarthome does not have any reports of the later ones having any flickering.

Archived