Micro On/Off Cycling Off/On when turned On

JSP0511

Hello all!

Here is my setup and issue.

I have 4 RAB Stealth motion lights on the back of my house with LED floods.  Line (Black Wire) is wired to the sensors which when sense motions, send power to the Lights (Red Wire).  I have the yellow sense wire connected to the Red Wire.  My thought is that I can monitor how often the light comes on at night and do something in the future with that information, possibly.

If I want the lights to come on and stay on regardless of motion, I have to turn power off/on/off/on within 2 seconds.  If I want them to go back into Auto mode, off for 10 seconds and back on.

I have a patio light switch that I wrote two programs for.  If On, cycle the yard lights micro off/on/wait 1 sec/off/on.  If patio Off, micro off/wait 10 seconds/on.

In theory this should work, though there may be some minor tweaking needed.

The issue is:

When the micro switch is turn On, it quickly cycles off/on by itself.  I've disabled programs to test.  I've turn it On at the ISY and Mobilinc and in any instance, it cycles off then on rendering my programs useless.

So On (me turning it on) then Off/On quickly.  When turned off, it stays off.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Also, how or where in the ISY can I access the sense or "view" it's status???  I'm new to the micro switches, especially the sense.

Thank you,

Jerry

Teken, thank you for your reply. While at dinner, it dawned on me that the micro sense wires were not intended for the use I had in mind.

When the floods went on (powering the red wire), the micro sensed that and toggles the load off/on.

I have since disconnected the sense and all works fine, including my programs. Monitoring the sense wire is not a necessity so not a big deal. It would have been a nice option to have.

-jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived