Commandr for Android Updated

MaddBomber83

Hello;

Commandr for Android has been updated.  For anyone not familiar with this app, it allows voice control through "Ok Google" to Tasker Tasks.

The update is significant in that it no longer requires "Take a Note" and it is also instant (rather than that bar you see when you set an alarm).

If you have mobilinc, then you just create a tasker task, such as Turn Hall Light On; then hit a toggle on Commandr.

Then, you say "OK Google, Turn Hall Light On" and your hall light will turn on.

If you don't have mobilinc; there are a few forum posts here, but you can use just tasker alone and have it issue a rest command in your task.

That is awesome! Thanks for posting. I just got started playing with the Closed module that does a similar thing, but I like this implementation better (plus t does not need root!). I've not tested it yet, but I'll find out soon enough!

@MaddBomber83 is this your app?

It seems to work very well on my tablet (Nexus 7), but on my phone (Nexus 5) it crashes every time when I click 'Tasker Commands'. Looking for ways to debug what's wrong... Too many Tasker tasks? (About 60 or so) Invalid character in a task name? I have many more tasks on my phone than I do on my tablet.

Thanks!

Nope. Spoke too soon. I clears the app data for Commandr, and this allowed me to go into the Tasker area again. After exiting, opening Tasker, exiting taker and going back into Commandr, it is again crashing when I try to go into the Tasker menu.

Clearly a significant bug.

The Dev got back to me on this. I'm hopeful he will be able to reproduce and fix the issue soon.

Meanwhile, Autovoice got an upgrade to allow direct recognition via Google Now, without having to root and run Xposed. That seems to work as well and allows some really advanced regex parsing of received commands, but with that power comes complexity. Commandr is much easier to use for simple things. I'll probably end up using both...

Archived