Rest interface query command?

thedishking

Hello,

I understand I can query a device in the java interface by right cicking, and select "query".  This will cause ISY to go out and query the device.

Is there a way to do this via the rest interface?

I have tried status, query and a few other commands, but nothing seems to mirror the exact query command in the Java interface.

This command does show the status:

isy.ip.address/rest/status/AA%20BB%20CC%201

But it does not actually "query" the device the same as the Java interface does.

The /rest/query/<node> does not do much of value....

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help!

What are you trying to accomplish?  As far as I can tell,  /rest/query/<node-id> does query the node just like the admin console.  You can follow that with a /rest/status/<node-id> after a brief delay to get the result of the query.

-Xathros

Thank you for your help Xathros, that did the trick.

I am trying to automate around a toggle device....

Since it is toggle, and controlled via IR, there is not much to know about it.

Since the device does present itself as a large load when on, I thought I could use an iMeter Solo on it.

Since the iMeter Solo does not publish the status upon change (serious design flaw???  Maybe at least give the integrator the ability to turn this feature on and off if it takes too much traffic on the INSTEON network)

I thought I could query the device and publish the status of the result to a UI or a logic engine to provide discrete control.

The /rest/query/<node-id> simply tells ISY to go and look.  It would be nice if it published this data, but since it does not,

a /rest/status/<node-id> does meet the goal.

Thanks again for the help!!!!

Archived