Issues with ISY and IO Linc?

cwitter

Hello everyone,

In the past I had an IOLinc connected to my alarm panel. I used the sense option to attach to a trigger on the alarm panel that would be opened or closed depending upon the state of the alarm system (disarmed or away). I then had used the relay to close a zone so that the alarm system could be remotely turned off or on (basically a 2second close would cause the zone to arm or disarm (toggle)). I do recall in the middle of the night hearing my alarm keypad beeping at 3 am (the time the query all runs), so the relay must have changed state. Ive since gotten rid of this arming/disarming function and have only got the sense wire hooked up for alarm state. I can only think of this happening 2 or 3 times in a year. I just bought another IO linc with the intent of being able to open / close my garage and see the status of this. In this case if that relay changes status the garage door will open or close in the middle of the night. Has anyone else experienced this? I've done quite a bit of reading and see other people having trouble with getting the proper status back. I've also saw one person having issues with the relay changing status and it was suggested that it could be due to communication issues.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Craig 

For the garage implementation where the I/O Linc Sensor is used with Trigger Reverse, the I/O Linc Sensor will change state at 3AM Query because the I/O Linc Query does not honor Trigger Reverse.  The I/O Linc Query returns the True state of the I/O Linc Sensor rather than the Trigger Reverse value.

What happens as a result of the Sensor changing state at 3 AM depends on how your Programs are coded.

The best solution is to change the magnetic switch to the version that is open when the garage door is closed so Trigger Reverse is not needed.

Archived