Kwikset lock and Z-Wave communication

brain shocker

I have added Z-Wave to my ISY994 with external antenna, added a Kwikset lock and everything has been working fine for a couple of months. Just recently I have a red exclamation beside the Kwikset node and have lost communication. I have tried to query the lock but that did not work, tried sync, and heal but cannot re-establish communication. Do I need to exclude the lock? Will this affect the programs that use the lock when I add it back?

I have added Z-Wave to my ISY994 with external antenna, added a Kwikset lock and everything has been working fine for a couple of months. Just recently I have a red exclamation beside the Kwikset node and have lost communication. I have tried to query the lock but that did not work, tried sync, and heal but cannot re-establish communication. Do I need to exclude the lock? Will this affect the programs that use the lock when I add it back?

Are you running version 4.2.8 and do you have the most recent z-wave firmware loaded in the z-wave dongle?

I am having the exact same issue. As the batteries drain the com becomes less reliable for me. Also, Michael told me all battery (not wired) will generally have difficulty responding to query. He recommended an extender that has beaming capability to help with the issues. I have 2 motion/temp sensors that have the same problem.

I have had a Kwikset deadbolt z-wave lockset working with the ISY for about a year now and another lever lock handle for about 5 months successfully. In each instance I have a Aeotec Range Extender fairly near the locksets and have had very reliable communications with the external antenna and new firmware on the ISY and z-wave dongle. The deadbolt lock battery life seems to be in the neighborhood of 6 months and the lever lock has only lost 10% in 4 months, so it looks like that battery life will be much longer.

Archived