Removing Rouge Links

slammers

I recently moved and left all my Insteon light switches behind but did take my ISY944i and PLM with me. I removed all my devices using the Admin console but for some reason when I click on the My Lighting node I still see 4 devices. These do not show up on the tree view, only in the detail pain.  

When I use diagnostics->PLM Links table its empty

When I use diagnostics->ISY Links table I can select one of these four devices and it shows the link table for each.

I do I remove these last 4 devices??

post-2663-0-66140500-1409007499_thumb.png

No All the folders are empty. The steps I took was to remove all devices from the sub folders. Then I could delete the device under my lighting. So now all folders are empty including My Lighting but those 4 devices still show up when I click on the My Lighting node.

When I start the program it tries to communicate with those four devices as well and I get four communication error alerts I have to close.

Since it seems as though you are starting from scratch, why not just factory reset the ISY?

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Restarting_Your_ISY-99i

Although I see you still have a bunch of scenes, I guess they have no members in them?  If you want to reuse your programs, you can always export programs before the factory reset and then restore them.  Same with network resources.  Variables would need to be manually renamed, so save a screen shot of them if you need to restore them.  Same with emails and notifications.

Thanks for the reset link. I was trying to find that. I was hoping not to have to go to that extreme as I did not want to lose the programs and network configuration. But I guess I will have to do this as I have not found a solution for these rouge devices.

I may try and restore my backup and delete again and see if that helps before I go there.

Like I said, there is no need to lose your programs.  Just export them before the reset then re-import them.  It takes a few seconds is all.

But all of your programs will presumably be referencing Insteon devices which no longer exist.  So there is going to be a lot of work when you add all the devices.

By network settings, if you just mean IP address, port numbers, and the like, that is very minimal configuration.  

If you have the network module and a bunch of network resources setup, those can be exported and then re-imported.

Archived