MobiLinkWatch?

bernieb

Phat phone...

...aka a Phablet.

Wes-

Please don't move to the iPad layout for Mobilinc on the iPhone6/6+. I much prefer the current iPhone interface for Mobilinc. I very much look forward to what you can do with the Apple Watch.

-Xathros

+10000 on this. I refuse to use the iPad version. An example where the native tablet app is completely designed wrong.

Sorry Wes but I've seen on your forums that it's been in the works for months. (To get them at design parity.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry to hear this.  While I am primarily an android user, I was considering getting mobilinc for my ipads.  I need to think a little harder about that.

I like the iPad interface for some things and if I had a wall mounted iPad, I would likely be happy with that interface.  However, on my phone, I want the dashboard interface even if my phone becomes a phablet.

-Xathros

You can link amex to softcard (formerly called Isis, not too hard to understand the name change), which is an NFC app, now part of standard AT&T deploy on Samsung S5. It also supports Visa and MC, if your bank supports. For example, Wells Fargo does. I've been using it successfully when the merchant supports it, but that is the real issue. Most merchants don't want to go to expense of updating POS hardware.

This is really same issue with adopting smart cards (credit cards with embedded chips). Merchants simply don't want to pay for new hardware, even though the risk of fraud goes way down. Most of the banks want it, and even HomeDepot announced that they plan to replace all of there cards with smart ones.

Point being this isn't android vs. Apple issue. It is more a matter of when will enough consumers demand it to force merchants to adopt it.

Not a fanboy, but the more it is supported by consumer devices, the better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It is more a matter of when will enough consumers demand it to force merchants to adopt it.

Besides my intermittent success, this is the single biggest obstacle I observe, as well. 

I like the iPad interface for some things and if I had a wall mounted iPad, I would likely be happy with that interface. However, on my phone, I want the dashboard interface even if my phone becomes a phablet.

-Xathros

Something about seeing one page containing 8 full scale versions of an iolinc box representing 8 relays outputs for one ezio8 is ridiculous. Or full pictures of any device for that matter. It's a huge waste of screen real estate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can link amex to softcard (formerly called Isis, not too hard to understand the name change), which is an NFC app, now part of standard AT&T deploy on Samsung S5. It also supports Visa and MC, if your bank supports. For example, Wells Fargo does. I've been using it successfully when the merchant supports it, but that is the real issue. Most merchants don't want to go to expense of updating POS hardware.

This is really same issue with adopting smart cards (credit cards with embedded chips). Merchants simply don't want to pay for new hardware, even though the risk of fraud goes way down. Most of the banks want it, and even HomeDepot announced that they plan to replace all of there cards with smart ones.

Point being this isn't android vs. Apple issue. It is more a matter of when will enough consumers demand it to force merchants to adopt it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's all chicken egg stuff. It matters not what platform or app or even card if the merchants don't do it as you correctly pointed out. But the egg part of the argument is that the user experience has to be dead on simple and work every time or it's finger pointing time (user can't be calling Amex for one thing mc for another this app support for 2 cards, this bank for another... There has to be a central point to manage all of this so the customer doesn't get frustrated and walk away.

Now this is where apple exceeds. At the risk of pissing off android people, the reason apple gets more press is that they push things along. They are often not first with something but they do sit back and observe and then enter a market when they think they can push something to the next level... Refine the experience. They are consumer driven. Consumers want to pick up their phone and not endlessly configure it. They want it to work. The trade off between open and their tightly controlled environment. I don't want this to turn into why one is better over the other. What's better is what works for the person using it. Period. Doesn't matter what I use or anyone for that matter. But like it or not, apple does tend to focus on things they think they can move along. And they have a LOT of cash to try it.

If I could whip out my phone and from the lock screen just authenticate with my fingerprint and it's done, I would never pull my wallet out again. I think that's the holy grail. Anything short of that and the wallet will succeed everything time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived