Hidden Door Sensor and reboot/power loss

clarkes71

Not sure how to handle the Hidden Door Sensor when it comes to rebooting the ISY or power loss.  Once the ISY comes back online, the Hidden Door Sensor doesn't get a 'Current State' ....   I assume it defaults to 'off'?  I have a program that keeps track of the door status and every time I reboot the ISY, this program goes true.  This is an issue, as other things happen because it thinks the bathroom door is closed.  I also assume because it is battery powered, a status update is not sent until door is opened or closed, then things self correct, but I'd prefer not to have lights and exhaust fan come on at all after power failure or reboot.

If
        Status  'Bath 02 - Door Sensor' is Off

Then
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

This program is true if door closed, otherwise false if door is open.

That's what I'm doing. It provides a reliable way to track the door. Only gotcha is if the door state changes while the ISY is offline, but it fixes itself next door state change. Worth mentioning, it needed two programs. On looks for 'On' setting the variable and init to 1 in the 'Then' - and the second looking for 'Off' setting the variable and init to 0 in the 'Then'. Using Else can cause the issue to propagate to variables if the device is triggering on boot with a null value.

Archived