Scene test fail

MarkJames

Looks like I accumulated all my questions from the last 2 years for today.  Three posts going at the same time - i promise not to start a fourth!  :)

I was looking at the scene test diagnostic feature today and was playing with it.  I'm a little confused by the results and was hoping I could get some clarification.

When I run a scene test - regardless of how big or small the scene - it appears to run successfully.  All the devices that should turn on do, in fact, turn on and then they all turn back off again.  But the result always shows 'fail'.  

I've noticed this in the past and never worried about it as everything still works as it should.  But it did make me wonder what it is about the scene test that makes ISY think it's failing while it looks to me like it's passing just fine.

Thanks,

Mark

I understand the scene test is not conclusive...only an indication of the quality of communication.  Sometimes, too, the devices respond as expected, but the return confirmation fails.  This would, I understand, cause a failure of the test.  It is also, in my mind, something that should be corrected.  Another thing that can cause a failure is if you have programs enabled that are triggered by the devices in the scene test.  Make sure you disable any such programs.  Finally, I have found it necessary to run a test several times, and am generally satisfied if it pass most.

Do you notice any particular slowness in the response by your devices?  Is it near instantaneous?

Archived