Honeywell TCC - Honeywell Redlink Thermostats

skunkiechris

Hi io_guy,

I know the official API for these thermostats is not yet available for the public, but I noticed that someone has sniffed the communication with Total Connect Comfort and made a working script that does a few different things successfully at http://www.bradgoodman.com/thermostat/therm.py.  Looking at the full return of the json from Honeywell, it looks like there are a lot of interesting things to bring in to ISY, as well as the ability to control schedules.  I know unofficial usage is not idea, but I know you earlier were working on using Enviracom for the older Honewell thermostats, just wondering if you have any interest in creating something connecting us to Total Connect Comfort... I know there have been a few posts of people expressing interest in these stats...

Thanks!

Chris

Chris,

I did Enviracom because there was an "pseudo-official" API and I had an IAQ that I wanted to automate.

I know it's no the answer you want to hear, but I currently have no intention to write something for Total Connect.  Reasons:

- I've contacted them in the past and they have been less than helpful with supplying information

- I generally don't do unofficial APIs and their official has been delayed for a year now

- I don't own one

- It's cloud based