Halloween Party Lighting Help

DWalker

During our annual Halloween Party, I have a strict no white light rule. In the past, I would use painters tape to tape the light switches down. is it possible to use Isy to disable the light switches when Date is 10/25 and a State variable is 1 (set by a spare switch on a keypad)

What would that program look like? The only way I can think to do it is to use a program to turn them off as soon as it sees one is turned on, but I want it to stay off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As a side not, my system is set up to "know" the date is 10/25 already

There is no way to prevent a wired load from responding to a manual On (or Off). But you could set the default On-level to 0%. That can only be done with a dimmer. And it won't stop a fast on from turning the load on.

The only solution may be to disconnect and/or remove the loads. Or replace them with non-white bulbs :idea::mrgreen::oops::?

Edited by stusviews

Playing around, I found I can create a program to turn off the back light on the actual switches, then i can set the dimmers to 0 and if s.halloween variable is 1 and switch control is on and not turned off, then turn off said light. Then they will turn on then back off and if we really need a light, then I can fast on them