IOLinc unable to set momentary?

edentel

I just installed two IOLincs for my garage doors and I'm beating my head against the wall trying to get the momentary mode working. I've tried programming through ISY and manually but the device never seems to take the setting for momentary.

When choosing momentary mode B the Off button simply won't trigger the relay. Likewise issuing an On command never results in the relay status toggling back to off.

Any suggestions on what I could be missing?

Thanks!

It sounds like Insteon Direct On/Off commands are being sent to the I/o Linc Relay.  Regardless of the momentary mode a Direct On command always turns the Relay On and a Direct Off command turns the Relay Off if currently On.

The various command actions described in the I/O Linc User Guide apply to Scene On/Off commands only.   Except for applications going through the PLM Insteon devices cannot send Direct commands so the User Guide does not discuss how the I/O Linc reacts to them.

Define an ISY Scene with the I/O Linc Relay as Responder.   Send Scene On/Off commands to have the I/O Linc Relay respond as described in the I/O Linc User Guide.

Thanks LeeG.  I setup the scene on the Isy and see things update.  Sadly I'm trying to drive Cinemar Mainlobby and they do not track scene status so I'm stuck with a manual workaround.  I toggle the relay, track the scene, and have a program toggle the relay back to off after a few seconds to keep all the variables straight.

Archived