Mobilinc stopped connecting

paulinlapine

Mobilinc Pro ( android) has worked fine until yesterday. Since then it won't connect either on my home lan or over cellular. Nothing was changed. I have double & triple checked the settings, everything is correct. I'm puzzled as to what to do. Suggestions please.

Hi paulinlapine,

A connection error when directly connecting to the ISY via it's IP address is almost always due to either:

- A wrong IP address in MobiLinc for your ISY OR

- The mobile device is not connected to the same wireless network as the ISY.

To help us troubleshoot, please provide the following to support@mobilinc.com:

- A screenshot of your MobiLinc->My Settings->Lighting Controller page.

- A screenshot of any error message in MobiLinc.

- A screenshot of your ISY's Admin Console->Configuration Tab.

- Confirmation that your mobile device is connected to the same router that your ISY is connected to.

Wes

Not sure if this helps you or not, and not sure if I had a fluke on my side, and it also coincided with me upgrading to the latest 4.2.18

I tried turning on a light an nothing worked, I first thought it was my ISY upgrade, I tried to sync and it didn't work.  I also thought all my settings were correct, and looked at the screen many times.  I finally stared at the settings and saw that I had a Connect Method of HTTPS,  I changed it to HTTP and everything worked.  Hope this helps

bernieb, thanks for the suggestion. My connection method was set on Auto Detect. Changing that to Local Connection (HTTP) got everything working correctly. I don't recall which setting I was using before the problem arose.

Wes,

Could you explain why Auto Detect doesn't work to automatically detect which network the phone is connected to? It seems to me that it should do just that.

Paul

Hi Paul,

With auto-detect ON, MobiLinc will send out a UPnP ping on the network and wait to hear back from any ISY's on the network via a UPnP response. If MobiLinc doesn't "hear" the response then MobiLinc uses HTTPS to connect since it assumes it's now remote.

The key here is the UPnP path. The mobile device must be on the same router/network as the ISY and UPnP must be allowed to traverse on the network. IE nothing blocking UPnP.

Wes

Archived