Ubi and ISY

mfranzel

Xathros,

I don't suppose you know how to get the ISY to interface with the Philips Hue? :)

I have a very complicated set up with the two just to make the light change to blue and flash at 7pm then go back to white.

I know the Hue bulbs are capable of working with the ISY, but I cannot figure out how to make them work properly and do what I need, such as the above.

I haven't played with Hue yet. There are others here that have. I know there is an IFTTT channel for Hue that you might be able to trigger with an email. Once I do get my Hue, I will be attempting direct control over the LAN. I don't expect to be working on that for a few months yet.

-Xathros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xathros,

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge, very interesting thread as I am looking to implement something similar as well. I was not aware of the ISY proxy

Will have to look into that ... do you use it for anything else?

Always happy to help when I can. I'm not sure what you're referring to with ISY Proxy.

-Xathros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mentioned the ISY proxy.   It allows you to install it on a web server (not on ISY) and make non-password-protected calls to the REST interface on ISY using the password.

It essentially takes the password-lea request, adds the password, forwards it to ISY, gets the answer, and sends it back to the requestor.

I really wish there was a method that didn't require so much middle ware to get this going. As much as I dislike the whole Apple thing their *Home Kit* is exactly what is needed to allow 3rd party devices all talking the same language and integrating one another.

I really can't wait until that day comes.

I mentioned the ISY proxy.   It allows you to install it on a web server (not on ISY) and make non-password-protected calls to the REST interface on ISY using the password.

It essentially takes the password-lea request, adds the password, forwards it to ISY, gets the answer, and sends it back to the requestor.

Ahh.  Sounds like it could be a valuable tool.  There are a few things I would like to do but haven't due to the need to my user/pass to be sent in the clear.  Started building some cgi scripts to get around that.

-Xathros

Archived