KLP button as a status light

jwarner964

Hi 

I have been checking the forum for some info on how to do what i,m trying. can't find any info

What I want to do is have a button on a KLP to light if any lights in my house are on then be able to turn them off with that same button,  then the button would go off . I only want the button to be toggle off. I hope I made some sense

Any help

Thanks,Jeff

Create a scene where the button is a controller of all the devices you want controlled. Set the button mode to non-toggle Off. Write a program that turns the scene on if any of the devices in the scene is not off. Here's a program I use:

If
        Status  'CR / Devices / CR Ceiling Light 80' is not Off
     Or Status  'KT / Devices / KT Ceiling 50' is not Off
     Or Status  'LR / Devices / LR Ceiling Light KPL 20' is not Off

Then
        Set Scene 'DR / Scenes / DR Front Off Button' On

Else
        Set Scene 'DR / Scenes / DR Front Off Button' Off

To clarify the above, create a scene with ONLY the KPL Key in it. Nothing else.  Put that scene (with just the KPL Key) into the Then and IF statements above.  

Separately, you can have a scene with the KPL Key as a controller along with controlled devices as responders.  And, as said above, make the KPL Key 'Non-Toggle Off' under options.   

To clarify the above, create a scene with ONLY the KPL Key in it. Nothing else.  Put that scene (with just the KPL Key) into the Then and IF statements above. 

Thanks for filling in what I omitted. The referred to scene is 'DR / Scenes / DR Front Off Button'

BTW, I have many of my KPLs doing exactly this.  One in my bedroom warns me if any lights inside or outside the house are left on.  I can then just press one of the buttons (one for inside, one for outside lights) and turn all lights off as needed.  Saves electricity and saves walking around the house to see what lights someone left on.  

Thanks for all the info, I made up the scene to light up the KLP, and a test program to check it, it worked fine just wondering about if was ok to have all the lights on the same program

if X is not off 

or y is not off

or z is not off 

ect

ect

then set status scene on

then the same lights on the off program

Not a problem, but there is no "off program." Off is handled by a scene with the button as a controller and all other devices as responders. The described program controls only the state of the button LED.

Stu, I think the OP has set up a separate program to turn off the KPL LED.  If you use a separate off program then you have to make sure to use And instead of Or in the if portion of the program.  If this light and this light and this light are off, then set scene KPL LED off.

However, in Stu's original example program he used the Else to turn off the KPL LED.  One program, not two.

Archived