Programming EZSNSRF to control lights

ejh3

Good afternoon, all!

Well, I'm finally getting back to programming my EZSNSRF.  All I want it to do is trigger a lighting program that turns two lights on for 5 minutes when I come down the driveway after the sun goes down.  I've spent most of the day trying to get this to work, but can't seem to get it to trigger.  I know the EZSNSRF works, I see it trigger in the logs.

Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I have (2) programs set up, one is the lighting program *see attached

I've tried programming this multiple ways without success, I think it has something to do with my "If" in regards to the EZSNSRF.  I've tried programming the  "If" of the EZSNSRF with "is not off", "is 100%".

Thanks in advance for your time!!

Ed

post-2595-0-93906800-1416778129_thumb.png

post-2595-0-29058200-1416778143_thumb.png

Lee, 

I changed the programming to "Run" the light program, but it still doesn't seem to work.  I'm gonna troubleshoot the EZSNSRF real quick, I had another program to send me text messages when anyone entered the driveway but it suddenly stopped yesterday.  That might mean I have an issue with the EZ device, but i'll double check.

Thanks again!

Lee,

I think I over complicated the program, this really only needed one program.  For some reason I thought I would have to have the one program trigger the lighting program, but I could never get it to work.  Once I dumbed it down it worked right away!  

Thanks for the support!  

Ed

Well it looks like the "on" time for my lighting devices is based on the timer build in to the ezsnsrf.  At the end of the linking/programming the ezsnsrf I pressed the button 4 times making it a 2 minute timer.

Do you know what variable in the "If" part of the program I need so that the timer is in the isy? 

Attached is what I have right now

post-2595-0-11631000-1416791386_thumb.png

Nothing in the ISY affects the timer established in the EZSnsRF for that Dakota Alert device.   If you have a spare PLM the free Simplehomenet Utility Suite can be used to change the timer in the EZSnsRF.  Can change codes for the Dakota Alert device and add it to the EZSnsRF as another device and not set the timer.  

I understand that the isy can't affect the timer in the ezsnsrf but the problem I have is that it only gives a momentary closure unless the timer in the ez is programmed.  Is there a way to have the isy see the momentary "on" on the ez and have it trigger a program with a timer? 

Thanks again

Sorry, I did not understand the issue.  Use

If Control 'ezsnsrf node' is switched On

which triggers the Program when the node turns On.   The Program is not affected when the node turns Off.  The ISY Wait will timeout so the statements after the Wait execute.  Nothing drives the Else clause

Archived