KPL On level not working

maxnorth

I've got around 50 devices I'm controlling from my ISY-994i.  I've had some challenges with the first/main button on one of my 8-button KPLs. When I press the button, the circuit comes on, but at the dim-level it was at when last on.  The "local on-level" is set at 100%, but seems to have no effect. I've looked at all my scenes and programs to see if there might be something interfering with normal operation here, but I see nothing.

I'm left with the impression this is a hardware issue.  I have not yet tried a factory reset.  Any suggestions?   

(If I do a factory reset, I assume I'd have to remove all 8 buttons from all scenes first and then re-establish them? )

Take a look at the KeypadLinc User Guide (around page 10-12, depends on KPL level). The Local On Level has two modes of operation. One is "Resume Bright" where the KPL turns On to the previous Local On Level when turned Off. The other mode is "Fixed Bright" where the KPL tuns On to the defined Local On Level. These modes have to be set using the instructions in the KeypadLinc User Guide.

If I do a factory reset, I assume I'd have to remove all 8 buttons from all scenes first and then re-establish them?

If you do a factory reset (only do that as a last resort), then restore device will restore all scenes and programs references.

Take a look at the KeypadLinc User Guide (around page 10-12, depends on KPL level). The Local On Level has two modes of operation. One is "Resume Bright" where the KPL turns On to the previous Local On Level when turned Off. The other mode is "Fixed Bright" where the KPL tuns On to the defined Local On Level. These modes have to be set using the instructions in the KeypadLinc User Guide.

LeeG, that's got it.  For some reason, I didn't see that in the manual.  Resetting it locally took care of the problem.  Thanks so much!

Archived