Why are some entries red versus blue in the admin console?

ricke

Is there any reason why some entries in the My Lighting list are red versus blue?  They work fine but I wasn't sure if Red was bad.  The devices with comms issues with an ! are red too that's why I wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Rick

Hello Rick,

It means the ISY was not able to either query the device, write is pending, or its actually not present any longer in the ISY. 

In the screen capture below you can see I have the famous red !

The Office Fan APLinc 7 is physically not plugged in. You will see a few TSTATS two of them are showing the red !. This is because they are turned off until called to duty to advise me of the humidity and temp.

You will also see this issue if the device in question is failing in some manner. I have a few Appliance Lincs that seem to operate fine via the Admin UI. But, when you query the device it returns a !. 

On the surface many times this is a COM issue. But, in my case its not, its the actual device is failing some how.

post-1970-0-17556100-1417204554_thumb.png

The Red Labels on modules indicate it is a Controller and Responder.

A Blue Label on a module is a Responder only.

If you click on the module in question. On the right side of the display. It will show what it is controlling and what it responds to.

On responders only. It will only show the devices it responds to.

Archived