Insteon 2441ZTH Current State???

dougos2

While talking to support one of many times, I asked if there had been a recent firmware release that might resolve some of the many reported issues. I was told there had not been another firmware release since the units went into main production some years before. I asked if it was anywhere near the top of the "to do" list for developers that there might be a new version soon. I was also told "no" for that. That was a year ago.

That's when I decided to ditch them and get some Zwave tstats instead. I've bee almost problem free since.

Its a little surprising but not at the same time.

Its like some Insteon products are release and drop and forever left in a void.

Smart Linc, HUB, Energy Monitor, Synchro Linc, iMeter Solo, etc 

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had to do this but once and it has operated fine since. Strange thing is I know there have been power outages at the location. Go figure. It is working and I occasionally confirm that by repositioning an Insteon camera so I can see a thermometer. The thermostat and thermometer are always in reasonable agreement. As I posted earlier, all I expect of the thermostat is for it to alert me if the propane heating system has failed at this remote location.

• 1 year later...

I haven't had to do this but once and it has operated fine since. Strange thing is I know there have been power outages at the location. Go figure. It is working and I occasionally confirm that by repositioning an Insteon camera so I can see a thermometer. The thermostat and thermometer are always in reasonable agreement. As I posted earlier, all I expect of the thermostat is for it to alert me if the propane heating system has failed at this remote location.

Do you have the Insteon Wireless Thermostat connected to the main Insteon Thermostat?

in Master/Slave configuration?

I just did a Factory reset on the thermostats, so at least I can test if they work like this (without being connected to the main thermostat)

If they don't work, I need to refund them, and I'll buy them later, 6 months from now, who knows

I do like the idea of changing the temperature, and I do like the idea of maybe my dad being able to turn the AC off from the Master Room

But for $172 this is a complete waste of money if ISY994 or Insteon Hub can NEVER (ok maybe 1/20 attempts) read the temperature from these devices

$172? Wow! I bought mine for around $60-$80 CAD. That is way too high for this poor technology.

Mine work perfectly for reporting, once the method of reporting is understood. The newer firmware unit is not controllable from ISY.

They probably both work exactly as stated on the box, with an Insteon Hub. :(

Archived