Teken

I don't really know but am gonna guess here :)

Looks to me your heartbeat node isn't being written correctly.

Thu 02/25/2016 12:19:53 PM : [PLM ] Group 4 : Writing Responder Link matching [37 82 3E 1 ] Link 2 : 0FE8 [E204196E0A010004]
Thu 02/25/2016 12:19:53 PM : [37 82 3E 1 ] Link 3 : 0FE0 [0000000000000000] Writing [00..............]
Thu 02/25/2016 12:19:53 PM : [iNST-TX-I2CS] 02 62 37 82 3E 1F 2F 00 00 02 0F E7 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D1
Thu 02/25/2016 12:19:54 PM : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 37.82.3E 1F 2F 00 00 02 0F E7 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D1 06 (00)
Thu 02/25/2016 12:19:54 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 37.82.3E 19.6E.0A 2B 2F 00 (00)

Edit: apparently this is normal response for this node.  don't really understand that though

I would move the sensor 4-6 feet from the PLM and try again.  I've noticed with battery operated devices being too close to dual-band device can cause problems.

Jon...

I tried the "whirling arrows" button; put the sensor in linking mode, pressed finish, and the popup instantly went away. Nothing happened ... 

Hrmm, and what happens when you use the other option of add device and simply enter the MAC address and leave the default settings in place?

I have rebooted and power recycled the ISY and PLM.

No change to the version number on the leak sensor AND all of the 3 other leak sensor show v.00 as the version number.

ALSO I added a motion sensor and it shows v.00 for the version number. Suggesting that no RF devices are showing the correct version number?

Wired or plugin devices show the version number OK when added... ?????

I have added the original leak sensor I started with and will wait to see if I get a heartbeat from it tomorrow. In the meantime, does the v.00 I'm getting from RF devices suggest anything?

Thanks! Broyd.

No change to the version number on the leak sensor AND all of the 3 other leak sensor show v.00 as the version number.

ALSO I added a motion sensor and it shows v.00 for the version number. Suggesting that no RF devices are showing the correct version number?

I have added the original leak sensor I started with and will wait to see if I get a heartbeat from it tomorrow. In the meantime, does the v.00 I'm getting from RF devices suggest anything?

Thanks! Broyd.

Hello Broyd,

I really don't know what to say to be honest.

As stated earlier much older ISY firmware never queried the Insteon devices correctly and hence the v.00. It never impacted the device from operating correctly at all.

I would suggest you submit a service request to have UDI determine root cause and report back to the group: http://www.universal-devices.com/contact-support/

Please ensure you link this thread so they can mark it resolved once they have completed all their tasks.

Thanks! Broyd.

Do you have a lot of RF devices nearby the area you're linking in?  Your comms look good (Hops=2) but a lot of crosstalk I believe can cause problems.  You might play with placement of devices, moving them in different directions from the PLM and also maybe experimenting with distances (5-10ft) until you get one to link properly.  Another helpful tip is to factory reset device before each attempt and keeping event viewer open to level 3 allows you to observe events.

Jon...

Hi Teken, I'll look into that. I want to wait to see if I get a heartbeat from that device tomorrow afternoon.

Hi Jon, YES I do have a lot of RF devices in that area. I can temporarily eliminate all of them. I'll work on this step next but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

One other thing, I had to select the device type for all leak sensor and the motion sensor. This does bother me a bit. I don't recall having to do that when I put in my first leak detectors or motion sensor.

... Con' t :)

OK! Problem solved  :mrgreen:

Years ago I had purchased a ISY-99i and the PLM that came with it was : 2413S V1.5 1122 19.6E.0A

The PLM that came with my ISY-994i was: 2413S V1.B 1317 23.97.D2

I had recapped the old PLM and drilled the case full of holes hoping to stem the PLM 2 year failure

and I was using this old unit.

I have not yet recapped the newer one but that is my next priority!

Anyway using the older PLM, I got v.00 with all RF devices AND to add any of them, I had to enter the device address AND select the device type.

The newer PLM works fine. @Jon: even though I have many RF devices very near the place I was doing the linking, there no interference accomplishing linking new devices.

Thanks Jon and Teken for all your time and suggestions! Very much appreciated :-D  

OK! Problem solved  :mrgreen:

Years ago I had purchased a ISY-99i and the PLM that came with it was : 2314S V1.5 1122 19.6E.0A

The PLM that came with my ISY-994i was: 2314S V1.B 1317 23.97.D2

I had recapped the old PLM and drilled the case full of holes hoping to stem the PLM 2 year failure

and I was using this old unit.

I have not yet recapped the newer one but that is my next priority!

Anyway using the older PLM, I got v.00 with all RF devices AND to add any of them, I had to enter the device address AND select the device type.

The newer PLM works fine. @Jon: even though I have many RF devices very near the place I was doing the linking, there no interference accomplishing linking new devices.

Thanks Jon and Teken for all your time and suggestions! Very much appreciated :-D  

Hello Broyd,

I gather you meant to say the older 99 Series Controller came with a 2412S Single Band PLM? Where as the 994 Series Controller came with a dual band 2413S PLM, no?

Hi Teken,

No! That older unit is also a dual band 2413S.

For the benefit of others reading could you offer the hardware revision and production date. If you have the ISY firmware for this 2413S PLM that gave you the v.00 issue that would also be great.

Hi Teken. I'll do that.

The newer PLM that works completely is: 2413S   Hardware revision: V1.B   Date code: 1317   ISY reported version: V9B

The older PLM that generates v.00 is:      2413S   Hardware revision: V1.5   Date code: 1122   ISY reported version: V98  

• 10 months later...

Archived