Christmas Lighting

smokegrub

I have about 15 SwitchLinc/ToggleLincs controlling Christmas lights. I plan to remove these devices from the outlets following the holidays. The devices are included in 3 scenes and 2 programs. When I remove these devices from the outlets should I also erase them from the ISY along with their scenes and programs? I hate to do that because of the lost work.

I agree that disabling is the best method for programs like this.

I wish there were a way to conveniently 'disable' ISY from querying the specific devices as well so as to avoid getting the series of pop-up messages about device not found. Is there a better practice here than just ignoring the pop-ups for items you knowingly removed? Just curious.

I agree that disabling is the best method for programs like this.

I wish there were a way to conveniently 'disable' ISY from querying the specific devices as well so as to avoid getting the series of pop-up messages about device not found. Is there a better practice here than just ignoring the pop-ups for items you knowingly removed? Just curious.

Thats what this thread is about actually.  Right click a DEVICE and select disable.  It will prevent it from being queried and complained about while it is not present on the network.

-Xathros

Thats what this thread is about actually.  Right click a DEVICE and select disable.  It will prevent it from being queried and complained about while it is not present on the network.

-Xathros

Doh! After all this time I never noticed that. Well now I feel like a complete idiot. A happy idiot though!

Thanks for setting me straight,all!

Archived