communication problem (i think)

Hi,

I've had a isy99i for several years, with no problems.  Very simple programs such as garage door opening turning on entry/outside lights and time based lighting.  About 1 month ago, the programs quit working.  After rebooting several times the PLM quit.  I installed a new PLM and still the same problems.  Since i'd been looking for a while, I decided it was a good time to upgrade to the ISY994i-ZW.  My thinking was that the old 99 probably quit working, and was no longer supported.

After installing today, and restoring from my back up, it appears as if the problem hasn't changed at all.

Details:

No programs work at all.

On the admin console, I can turn all devices off and on, but cannot turn a scene off and on.  Scenes work fine from keypads & togglelincs.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here?

thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi, tried the rebooting of isy & plm (again).  Didn't work.  Tried restoring it, no changes. 

Yes, I followed the migration steps.  Since i had the same problem with the 99, i'm assuming there is something else going on.  If i watch the event viewer, all i can see is commands sent from the isy, i can't see anything from physical switches off & on.

thanks,

Mike

No, not a bad PLM.  A Delete Modem (PLM) was issued, probably back with the 99i.

The ISY does not have PLM link information.   Right click on a SwitchLinc (something other than a KeypadLinc for first test) and select Restore Device.  Than another Show PLM Links Table to see if that gets back the link record(s) for a specific device.

Yes.  If running recent ISY firmware there is a File | Restore Devices to restore all devices with one command.   If that command is not available restore each device.  Battery powered devices should be done one at a time.  Be sure to take a battery device out of linking mode before doing the next battery device.

You're very welcome.

Finally got this solved.  After the restore all, about 6 of my togglelincs had no communication.  I couldn't do anything to find them, so i went to each to do a factory reset, and then i could re-add them and communication was no problem.  After this, still no programs worked.  But while doing this i noted that the only thing showing up in the event viewer from the actual switches, were the ones i deleted, reset, and added again.  After more investigation, i decided to delete & re-add all the devices one by one.  The programs didn't work till i selected each one, and clicked on a field and clicked update, and then saved it.  This took a long time, but now all is good.

Time to start exploring the new 994.  Still glad I purchased it, but looking back, the 99i probably still worked.  The original PLM quits working after about 10 minutes, so that did need replacing.

Thanks,

Mike

Glad things are working.  The Programs not working was the result of deleting devices.  Even though the Programs looked okay, if you had restarted the Admin Console the Programs would have indicated 'not defined' or 'not found', something like that for the each deleted device.  Enjoy the new ISY.  Lots of good things added to the 994i that could not fit in a 99i.   

Archived