Enable/Disable device via Program

k5map

The only way to approximate it I can think of is to:

- Have the device's on/off actions managed through programs. (if control switch A turns on, then set light B on... etc)

-Then disable / enable the programs based on whatever logic you want

The downside to this is method is that there will be a slight delay in the device on/off under program control as opposed to controlling the device directly.

It would be fairly easy to try it and see if it works for you.

Paul

Edited by paulbates

I have a few devices I only use for certain situations... otherwise, they are unplugged.  I was hoping to setup a program so when I activate a variable, the program would either enable/disable the device so I don't get the query alerts nightly.

I have a few devices I only use for certain situations... otherwise, they are unplugged.  I was hoping to setup a program so when I activate a variable, the program would either enable/disable the device so I don't get the query alerts nightly.

No, there is no method I am aware of that will disable local control via a program. I have only seen LED, Beep, Toggle, Mutual exclusive, cross linking while using 8 buttons in a 6 button frame (wide button use).

This also does not cover any kind of *options* that can be configured via the UI. There is a program lock but that simply stops a person from making changes but does not stop them from using the switches.