Device states not updating - Bad PLM?

tandar

The SwitchLinc Relay and Icon Relay do not have the required Controller link records (start with E2 01 ........)  to report Status change.  This is the result of the Delete Modem (PLM).  Unless you have an ISY Backup taken before the Delete Modem (PLM) that can be restored (anything that old would likely be very out of date regarding overall Insteon installs) the only solution is to delete and readd those devices that are missing the Controller link records.

Thanks Lee.

Is there any way to preserve device references in programs? I assume that once a device is deleted, any programs listing the device would be automatically modified to reflect the missing device. If this is the case, would an export of the program and then a re-import after the device is reinstalled work?

Thanks again.

I don't think Exporting the Programs will help.  I have seen folks report that deleting and readding device without restarting the Admin Console in between leaves the Programs with the correct device name but I cannot confirm that based on what I have seen. The worst case is the reference to the device will still be there but with an undefined name.  Change one device and see what the Program(s) have.  Be sure the Program(s) actually work if the device name is correct. 

I just Deleted and Re-added all 25 devices.  Not too difficult - just a lot of "system initialization" and "system busy" time.

Programs work fine.  I lost scene memberships but having the previous topology as reference, replicating scenes was straight forward.

All devices now show the  E2 01 in the device link table.  Thanks again for the help.

Archived