How do I use ISY to turn on ELK outputs 7 & 8?

alexmanning

How do I turn on ELK outputs 7 & 8 using ISY??

I've just hooked up my fire alarm to my ELK M1 using the +12v outputs 7 & 8 to control relays I've installed that connect to my fire alarm 'hush' and 'test' buttons. I've checked the 'test' wiring by connecting this output manually to 12v and it definitely works! But I can't seem to find a way to control the output using ISY.

I tried using ISY to turn on output 80 and created a rule within ELK to turn output 8 on/off as output 80 turns on/off (and the same for output 7) but no joy.

Any advice?

Cheers

Why use an alternative Output with a rule vs turning on Output 7/8 directly with the ISY?

When you manually turn on an Output from ISY using the Elk tab in the Admin Console, what does the status show in ISY?Does it show on?  What does the status show in the Elk?

Keep in mind that if you're also running the ElkRP it takes exclusive control of the M1 and nothing else can manage it. It must be disconnected before testing.

What is the trip rating of the relay? Those Outputs are 12v but only rated at 50ma. If that is the problem, you can connect your external 12v power to Output 3 which is a Form C Dry Contact relay instead the one you're using.

Archived