Disable Keypadlincs when kids visit

keribi

I wish to create a program that will disable all 3 of my keypadlincs when kids visit my home.  We all  know kids love to press the buttons and really do not want them closing the garage door unexpectedly.  I know there are ways to disable devices but what is the easiest way without causing problems in the system? Pulling the air gap is not very effective as the kids end up pressing it right back in.

ISY 99i v3.3.10

I wish to create a program that will disable all 3 of my keypadlincs when kids visit my home.  We all  know kids love to press the buttons and really do not want them closing the garage door unexpectedly.  I know there are ways to disable devices but what is the easiest way without causing problems in the system? Pulling the air gap is not very effective as the kids end up pressing it right back in.

ISY 99i v3.3.10

There is no alternative method to disable local control outside of what you just described.

If you opt for control via programs, instead of scene control directly from the KPL, you can do it.

I'd recommend an integer variable (maybe called "IsEnabled") and use the "If Control" triggers & add "IsEnabled = 1" to the IF.

Then to enable,  you can set the integer variable "IsEnabled" to 1.

Then to disable,  you can set the integer variable "IsEnabled" to 0.

If a load is connected directly to the KPL, you can't disable that.

If a load is connected directly to the KPL, you can't disable that.

An alternative is to have the load button control a Micro Module. OTOH, I took the time to talk to my god kids about "why" without having to tell them "no." I expressed my confidence in them and especially thanked them for being considerate.

I also set up some lighting that they could play with. We had fun doing it together using manual linking and unlinking, too B)

An alternative is to have the load button control a Micro Module. OTOH, I took the time to talk to my god kids about "why" without having to tell them "no." I expressed my confidence in them and especially thanked them for being considerate.

I also set up some lighting that they could play with. We had fun doing it together using manual linking and unlinking, too B)

You're too nice. My version would be a program that opened a trap door when any key is pressed  :mrgreen:

Archived