MobiLinc (Android) 2.0.3 is now Available!

InsteonNut

Hi Folks,

We released an update last night to MobiLinc for Android to address a number of outstanding issues:

What's New:
- Updates to the subscription signup due to changes in the Google In-app purchase API.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed the local ISY auto-discovery for direct IP users on MobiLinc/Android issue introduced with the 4.2.18 ISY firmware. 
- Unknown Z-Wave devices will appear as a status device in MobiLinc. (This is a small step toward wider Z-Wave support).
- Status only scenes are now controllable. IE a scene with no devices in it or a scene with only KPL devices are now controllable. 
- Dimmer device slider fixed if device is a scene controller.
- Program Widget/Tasker failures exposed when changing a program via the Admin Console is now fixed.

Google Play user can update through Google Play.
MobiLinc Store purchases can be updated by opening MobiLinc and going to My Settings->Check for Updates.

NOTE: If your Android OS has been upgraded to the Android 5.x OS and your ISY is the non-PRO version, please be aware of the following: With Android 5, Google has removed a subset of previously supported HTTPS ciphers. As a result, Android 5 no longer supports the native cipher built into the ISY firmware 4.2.18 on non-PRO devices. This impacts Android 5 HTTPS connections only if MobiLinc is configured for a direct IP connection to your ISY. MobiLinc Connect users are NOT impacted by this.

Android 5 + non-Pro ISY users have three options:
- Wait for a firmware update from UDI to address this issue.
- Software upgrade the non-Pro ISY to a Pro under the Admin Console->Help->Purchase Modules.
- Upgrade MobiLinc and your ISY to use MobiLinc Connect under MobiLinc->My Settings->Lighting Controller->Host Type->MobiLinc Connect.

Pro ISY users: In order to configure your ISY to use an HTTPS cipher Android 5 supports, please use the Dashboard Java applet from UDI to change the Server network cipher strength to MEDIUM, HIGH, or ALL. ALL is recommended.

Wes

Wes,

I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.1.3 on Tuesday and now I can't connect to MobiLinc. I get an error code 0 network failure but all else on my network is working OK.  I accessed MobiLinc on Monday on 8.1.2 and it worked OK.

Thanks,

Gerry

Archived