ISY994 and use of hidden insteon door contacts

brillmtb

Attempting to have door contact turn on kitchen lights, if off already, when door opened to the house.  I was able to make a scene that turned them on but then it would also turn them off when already on and someone went through the door.  I deleted the scene and tried to create a program but not working.  I know this is very simple but I am not sure why my program doesn't work.  Anyone have experience with the these hidden switches as I replaced all my outer doors.

I also hope to activate a chime of some sorts when the doors are opened.  I have the x10 power house but not sure that the isy can communicate with it vs buying and insteon chime.

Any help greatly appretiated.

The hidden door sensor can be in 1 of 2 modes.

ModeA) Single node - this same node sends an ON when opened, and an OFF when closed.

ModeB) Two nodes - one represents open, sending an ON when opened.  The other represents closed, sending an ON when closed.

Put your sensor in 2-node mode (put the sensor in linking mode, in the Admin console, click the sensor on the left, click Options, select "Two Nodes", click OK).   Then add the Open node as a controller to the scene you want.

Ok, I got that to work in a scene.  What I would like to do is have a program that does the following

If door sensor triggered

If kitchen lights off

If sunset

then turn kitchen lights on.

So when I exit my side garage door during the day the lights don't go on.  Make sense?

Sample Program

A1 - [iD 0080][Parent 0001]

If

Control 'Door Sensor - Door Open' is switched On

And Status 'SwitchLinc Dimmer - Kitchen' is Off

And From Sunset

To Sunrise (next day)

Then

Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer - Kitchen' On

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Thanks.  I also added an "or" statement for another entrance door.  Deleted the scene.  Is there any way to test it without waiting for night?

Do you know of an insteon chime that could be activated by the hidden door sensors.  Then all entrances could be covered by an audible signal

Only by deleting the Sunset/Sunrise check.

Suggest posting the Program to be sure the "parens" are in the correct locations.

I have not seen an Insteon chime. X10 does have one. One can be built using an ApplianceLinc or I/O Linc, depends on voltage used by the chime.

Do you know of an insteon chime that could be activated by the hidden door sensors.  Then all entrances could be covered by an audible signal

BuzzLinc

• 11 months later...

Archived