Rogue device in scene/program

blartyo

Hi,

I have a program that runs every night to turn on some exterior lights at sunset and then turn them off at 11:00 pm. For the past several days I've noticed that one of the devices in one of the scenes involved does not actually turn off.

The device (an OutletLinc) in question used to turn off without issue.

I've looked at the logs and found one strange thing - not sure if it is related. Occasionally the device in question was shown in the log as having a ramp rate of 2.0 seconds. This doesn't make sense since the device is an OutletLinc which can't be assigned a ramp rate.

I've tried "restoring" the device, but this hasn't resolved the issue. Would resetting the device help (it's a hassle to access)? Since it's an OutletLinc I don't think I can do an air-gap, I would just hold down the on button for a few seconds.

Any recommendations or troubleshooting advice?

thank you.

Hi,

I have a program that runs every night to turn on some exterior lights at sunset and then turn them off at 11:00 pm. For the past several days I've noticed that one of the devices in one of the scenes involved does not actually turn off.

The device (an OutletLinc) in question used to turn off without issue.

Has the load plugged into the OutletLinc changed?

When a device turns On but not Off, it makes me wonder whether the load is generating noise when on.

I've looked at the logs and found one strange thing - not sure if it is related. Occasionally the device in question was shown in the log as having a ramp rate of 2.0 seconds. This doesn't make sense since the device is an OutletLinc which can't be assigned a ramp rate.

I've tried "restoring" the device, but this hasn't resolved the issue. Would resetting the device help (it's a hassle to access)? Since it's an OutletLinc I don't think I can do an air-gap, I would just hold down the on button for a few seconds.

To reboot the device, you could toggle the circuit breaker. But to do a factory reset would likely require physically accessing the device (not sure about OutletLinc, as have never used one).

Archived