Every insteon device came on 100%

paulw

Hit the off button on a Keypad dimmer 6 button last night and had every insteon switch or dimmer in the house come on full tilt, 60+ devices. The keypad dimmer has nothing connected to it's load, just part of a scene to another dimmer, and is used in a program in the isy994. No scene buttons were activated on any of my keypads.

I have my doubts that the isy was involved, but anyone experienced anything like this?

Paul

That is the "All On" problem but seen with an Off command which has been reported but infrequent even compared to the infrequent All On..

Has to do with the commands issued by the Program overlapping the commands from the Keypad.

NOTE: pressing any button/paddle actually runs an Insteon Scene. Devices cannot issue direct On/Off commands.

Hi Lee,

Very interesting.  Gets ones attention when the entire joint goes full light!  Wife thought her crazy husband was messing around on some hair brain scheme again. :shock:

So would it be worth delaying the isy action by a second? Not that some other programmed event could not hit at the same time.

Paul.

The addition of slight delays in key programs seems to be one of the recommended steps one can take to mitigate the effect. Pay attention, apparently, to programs with triggers by devices which are also scene controllers/responders, or programs that command those devices to do something.

I remain a little fuzzy about these combinations, but it seems to be about avoiding signal "collisions". I had always assumed that the PLM would naturally handle such things, but this is not the case, apparently.

I think, in general, the rule is: add a delay between any Insteon trigger and subsequent programmed Insteon action especially (but not limited to) when the triggering device is an RF device.

-Xathros

Archived