motion sensor blinking question SOLVED

Blackbird

I have 3 motion sensors that blink real fast I believe for about 10 seconds after movement is detected. I have the led brightness turned off in the isy settings but it still blinks. I have two others that work fine and only make a quick blink of light when motion is detected. All five have factory jumper settings and have the same settings in the isy. Any idea?

One or more Motion Sensor Responders did not ACK the motion message.

From the Motion Sensor Quick Start Guide

Sensor did not receive an acknowledgement from one or more linked devices. If this occurs repeatedly you may need to move a dual-band INSTEON device closer to the Sensor or you may need to unlink a device which is no longer in use in your home. If the INSTEON responders are no longer available, you may either use software or perform a factory reset to remove the unwanted links.

I only have those 3 sending a notification and they are not linked to any other device.

Off the top of my head there are three or four possible reasons for a fast blink.

1. Low battery

2. Bad COM's / not in RF range / Coupled

3. Bad Ack

4. Remote update

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

They are no more than 5 feet away from the nearest switch or even the plm.

Have you completed the 4 tap (beacon) test? Which confirms bridging / coupling of your Insteon network outlined in the PLM users guide?

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

I meant a light for example. Out of the 5 motion sensors, only the 3 that blink, are not linked to a device like a light. Not sure if that is why

What's the result if you link the MS to an Insteon device?

That suggests that there may have been links, actually half-links, that the ISY was unaware of and creating a scene caused a fix to occur.

This has happened to me when I used HL.  I believe it is caused by half links, as Stusviews has said.   Putting the the MS in linking mode, searching for half links, deleting half links, deleting scenes associated with the MS and then finally factory resetting the MS, brought my MS back to normal operating.  Again, this is when I used HL.  Haven't had any problems with ISY...Yet...

Archived