RemoteLink 2342-232 Issues: toggle & communication

I'm trying to set up a RemoteLink 2342-232 with an ISY994i, an OutletLink 2473, and a 2413S PowerLink Serial (Dual-Band).

1. When I press a button on the RemoteLink, what receives the radio signal? Is it the 2413? The 994i? the 2473?

1b. Does it transmit a radio signal or is it IR?

1c. I want to use the RemoteLink in my shop. Do I need another receiver (2413?) in the shop so it can receive the signal? The outlet (2473) doesn't seem to be receiving the signal.

2. I configured the RemoteLink as an 8-scene toggle, when I press "A Up", the outlet turns on (via a Scene). When I press it again, the outlet stays on. When I press "A Down", the outlet turns off. The Universal Devices Administrative Console shows the Properties of the 2342, and it's set to 8-Scene Toggle.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Chelmite

There is a known bug with the Mini Remote (RL2) configuration.   For now use the procedure in the Mini Remote User Manual to set 4 Scene Mini Remote to 8 Scene mode.  See this link.  UDI is working on this.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/15614-workaround-to-link-a-2432-2-mini-remote/

The Mini Remote (RL2) is RF.  The 2473 OutletLinc is not Dual Band (no RF).  A Range Extender (was called an Access Point) or some other Dual Band device (2413 PLM is too expensive) is needed to receive Mini Remote RF signal.  The ISY has no Insteon Dual Band RF capability.

EDIT:  if the 994i is located in the shop the 2413 PLM would work. 

Archived