How do you set on levels for certain times of day? (Solved)

Blackbird

With a program.

The condition is straight forward.  It would be something like:

if

time is from 10p to 9a (next day)

Then- and Else-path is a bit more obscure.    When you create the action for the THEN path, choose "adjust scene".  Within the "In Scene" field, choose the controller device from the scene in question.  In your case, choose the switch from the bedroom lights scene.  In the "set" field choose the responder device.  If the lights, themselves, are powered by the same switch, choose it.  In the responder levels, set it to 5% when in the THEN path.  Take the same steps for the ELSE path, except responder levels would be whatever you want during the normal hours.

Keep in mind that if you have multiple controllers or responders, you will need to create multiple actions, one action for each combination of controller/responder.

As oberkc indicated

OnLevelChange1 - [iD 0087][Parent 0001]

If

From 10:00:00PM

To 9:00:00AM (next day)

Then

In Scene 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' 5% (On Level)

Else

In Scene 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' 100% (On Level)

For some reason I could only get this to work with the kitchen lights.  I changed the time to 221pm so I could test it.  For this program the bedroom lights act normally.  If I switch it to kitchen lights then the lights come on at 10%

If
        From     2:21:00PM
        To       9:00:00AM (next day)

Then
        In Scene 'Bedroom Lights' Set 'Bedroom Lights' 10% (On Level)

Else
        In Scene 'Bedroom Lights' Set 'Bedroom Lights' 100% (On Level)

The "In Scene" does not turn On/Off the SwitchLinc. It sets the Local On Level for when the paddle is pressed On. The In Scene Program has to be saved and Enabled at the From time, otherwise the Program is not triggered.

What is 'Bedroom Lights'?

The "In Scene" does not turn On/Off the SwitchLinc. It sets the Local On Level for when the paddle is pressed On. The In Scene Program has to be saved and Enabled at the From time, otherwise the Program is not triggered.

What is 'Bedroom Lights'?

When you say it has to be saved and Enabled at the from time, do you mean I need to save and enable before that window of time starts or within the window of time?

"

bedroom lights" is the name of the scene and the controller.  Is that a problem to have both scene and controller named the same?

I don't believe that this is a problem.  Make sure, however, that when you are picking the device for IN SCENE part of your action, choose the specific controller device, rather than the scene, itself.  The way your program is written, I suspect you picked the scene, rather than device, itself.

When you say it has to be saved and Enabled at the from time, do you mean I need to save and enable before that window of time starts or within the window of time?

I believe the point is that you should not forget to "save" the changes to your program, and that the program should NOT be disabled.  This must all be done prior to the FROM time, or you will have to wait until next day for the program to execute TRUE/THEN path.

"

I don't believe that this is a problem.  Make sure, however, that when you are picking the device for IN SCENE part of your action, choose the specific controller device, rather than the scene, itself.  The way your program is written, I suspect you picked the scene, rather than device, itself.

I believe the point is that you should not forget to "save" the changes to your program, and that the program should NOT be disabled.  This must all be done prior to the FROM time, or you will have to wait until next day for the program to execute TRUE/THEN path.

I did chose the scene for the "in scene" and the light switch for "set"

I did chose the scene for the "in scene" and the light switch for "set"

I believe this is your problem.  You need to select the switch in both cases, "in scene", and "set" (as in my original suggestion).  I assume that the fixture is powered by this switch? 

I am curious how many devices, besides the switch, are in this scene?

I believe this is your problem.  You need to select the switch in both cases, "in scene", and "set" (as in my original suggestion).  I assume that the fixture is powered by this switch? 

I am curious how many devices, besides the switch, are in this scene?

There is no option to choose the switch for both.  For scene I only can select from all my scenes, My garage door sensor, my mini remotes and my 8 button keypad.  In the bedroom scene, I only have the switch and one button of one of my mini remotes.

The Scene name should not be the same as the device name

Scene xxxx

Controller device name yyyy of SwitchLinc

In Scene 'yyyy' Set 'yyyy'

must be coded this way for In Scene to change Local On Level of yyyy

When the first parameter is a Scene name the Responder link record is changed rather than the Local On Level.

"My garage door sensor, my mini remotes and my 8 button keypad."

None of those devices have a Local On Level expect the Keypad load control button.

Is the switch a CONTROLLER or RESPONDER in the scene definition?  You may need to remove it from the scene, and re-add it as CONTROLLER.

Given that your remotelinc button is a controller in that scene, do you also want the ON levels to change when activated by this button?

Archived