Suddenly lost all communication

Now I'm having trouble logging into my isy - I had another new PLM so i tried to install it as per discussed earlier in this thread

When I try to log into my ISY admin console - i get these errors

"socket open failed java.net - no route to host"

"XML Parse error http://10.0.0.17/dsc"

First thing to do is open a ticket with UDI. This will get someone to remote in directly to assist.

Next, is the ISY visible on the network via the router? Also, I am wondering if this is related to that stupid certificate issue.

Please do a search for certificate errors or login errors for the 99 series. It provides a new link to access the ISY.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

OK wile waiting  for Universal devices to call me on my support ticket, ( might take up to 48 hours)  I installed a new ISY99i and after testing fr a while, i believe that it has fixed my communication problems - HOWEVER when i try to restore the new isy99 (File>Restore) I cant see my backup of my old ISY99... I can navigate to the file from outside the program so i know that it's there. As a test i tried to backup the new ISY99i and got "unable to create zip file" error

Can someone help me figure out why i can not "see" the backup files?  ... all I need to do is restore this new ISY99 and i MIGHT be good to go ...

Left you a PM. As noted make sure you update that new 99 controller to the same firmware the other one was at.

Since this is a new system and the network doesn't work anyways hard reset the PLM.

Once the PLM is back online unplug the ISY for 30 seconds. Once it boots up you can use a good back up and restore the controller.

NOTE: You're not going to perform a restore PLM. That will be done after you restore the controller.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

Archived